woman smiling in field with notebook
woman smiling in field with notebook
Original photo by Jade Ma

HC Colby Profile: Meet Jade Ma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Jade Ma is one of our writers here at HC Colby! She is an Architecture and Urban Design Independent Major with a concentration in East Asian Studies. She is also on the Student Programming Board, volunteers with Lives of Purpose, and is a research assistant in the Education department!

What is your favorite… 

Dining hall? Dana all the way.

Place at Colby? In the art museum. Always brings me awe to just be in a place surrounded by art. You can look at the same pieces over and over and never get tired.

Thing to do at Colby? Sit outside on the lawn with friends and just bask in the sun for the few days when the weather is nice.

Movie? 10 Things I Hate About You or Ocean’s 11. I love a good early 2000s rom-com or an elaborate heist.

Song? Constantly changes, but currently “Janglin” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, very fun.

Thing to do off-campus? Hike! Basic, but so so true. The nature in Maine is a beaut everywhere you go and really reminds me of home.

What is your dream job? Architect/Artist

What is your best Colby memory? Definitely Thanksgiving Break of my freshman year. I stayed on campus with great friends, playing games and enjoying the peace of campus. Also impromptu decided to cut off like 10 inches of hair in the bathroom of Treworgy with my friends which was a mess, but the best, most chaotic fun ever.

Fun Fact! I moved here all the way from Arkansas and have never seen so much snow in my life. I am amazed every time the snow blankets campus.

Check out her articles here!

The official account of Her Campus at Colby!
Sydney is a senior at Colby originally from Wilmette, Illinois. She is a German Studies and English double major with a concentration in creative writing. On campus, Sydney is a COOT leader, member of Colby Dance Company, barista in the Mary Low Coffee House, a language assistant, and president of Colby's chapter of HC. When she isn't working, dancing, or writing, you can probably find her laughing at her own jokes or talking about the Midwest.