samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Four Things Getting Us Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

If we can all agree on one thing, I think it would be that finals pretty much suck. There’s no time more miserable on Mayflower Hill than Finals Week, and either you can grin and bear it or succumb to the December Blues. Though there are very few things getting us through this week of hell, we’re managing to (kind of) look on the bright side. Here’s our list of the four things getting us through Finals Week:

1. Going Home – it’s no secret that everyone is looking forward to going home for break; we could all use some TLC from our family and friends, and it doesn’t hurt to take a break from Mayflower Hill for a while.
  2. Christmas – we can’t wait for Christmas!! For those who celebrate, you know that this is one of the very few days in the year in which you completely savor the love and comfort of your family; and, it doesn’t hurt if Santa brings you some gifts! :)
  3. Rest and Relaxation – this is something we all need, after a semester spent hard at work. We encourage you all to spend your vacations doing what makes you happy, and if that’s sitting on your couch binge-watching your favorite reality television shows, more power to you!! You deserve it!
  4. The Promise of an Awesome New Year!!! – 2016 will be our year; we just know there are amazing things in store for us all!

Just remember, the pain of finals is temporary; there are so many awesome things in store for you when you make it through the week – which you WILL!!

Happy Studying! HCXO <3

Source

Carli Jaff is a senior at Colby with a double major in American Studies and Education. Outside of classes and being a CC for Her Campus Colby, she is the Managing Editor of the school newspaper, a writing tutor at the college writers' center, a research assistant for the Head of the Education department, and a co-chair of Colby's Senior Pledge Committee. Carli is very excited to work for Her Campus Colby and share her love for college with you all!