Fitness State of Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

We all know that summer is inevitably on its way, and though the weather will be a much needed break from the gloom and doom of Waterville winters, summer also means one thing: Bikini Season. Given that summer seems like it will never come, sometimes it can be hard to motivate to work out, but there are two things that I always find help me get myself to the gym: new workout clothes and new pump-up songs.

I always say that how you dress greatly effects how you feel. A cute outfit makes you want to get out of bed and show the world. This philosophy applies even when it comes to going to the gym. Wearing baggy sweatpants and an old t-shirt may get the job done, but you certainly aren’t going to feel like you look great getting there. Putting on a cute workout outfit gets your mind and body in the game. So, in order to psych you up for a good spring workout, Her Campus Colby is bringing our favorite fitness brand, Lulu Lemon, to campus! From 4-8pm on Tuesday April 29th come up to the pub game room for this shopping event and the perfect chance to re-vamp your workout wardrobe!

Now that you’re dressed for the gym, you need something fun to listen to while you’re there! Here are a few songs that get me running in no time:

1.     Partition (Dave Aude Extended Remix) – Beyoncé

2.     I Like That – Houston (feat. Chingy, Nate Dogg & I-20)

3.     Teenage Crime (Original Mix) – Adrian Lux

4.     Party Up–DMX

5.     Behold A Lady – OutKast

6.     All The Way – Timeflies

7.     Shake That – Eminem

8.     Out Here Grindin’ – DJ Kahled (feat. Akon, Lil Boosie, Plies, Ace Hood, Trick Daddy, Rick Ross)

9.     Call On Me (Radio Edit) – Eric Prydz

10. You Be Killin Em – Fabolous 

Photo Credit: http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/tops-short-sleeve…

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/jackets-and-hoodi…

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.