This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

This week, we talked to Brittany Chin ’16, your SGA Vice-President and a part of the Colby Women’s Lax team! Keep scrolling to learn about Brittany’s time abroad, her favorite parts about Colby, and more! HCXO!

Where are you from?

Shrewsbury, MA.

Tell us about your family!

My parents met each other in high school in New Jersey and are the most supportive people ever! I have one younger brother Alex, who is a freshman at Denison University in Ohio this year. I also have a dog named Marley (yes, after Bob Marley)!

What’s your major?

I am a Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences—Statistics double major.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Being a CEO of a super successful tech start-up would be pretty cool…

Okay, but if you could be ANYTHING, what would you be?

I’ve always wanted to be an Olympic gymnast!

What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

I am the Student Government Vice President, a member of the Women’s Lacrosse team, and a Senior Fellow in the Admissions office.

What’s your favorite fun fact about yourself?

I’m a huge nerd, and kind of fly under the radar sometimes. Coding, Star Wars, 3D Printers, and everything else along those lines…. you have my attention.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Well, I’m actually an ex-gymnast (14 years experience). So I like to whip out a flip every now and then.

What has been the best part of senior year at Colby?

Becoming friends with everyone! Now that it’s our last year, everyone is super into hanging out with each other regardless of the group, team, or club that we’re in.

What is the most important thing to you as SGA Vice President?

I want everything we do on SGA to be accessible and inclusive to the whole student body. I want to be able to say that I helped make an impact in every person’s experience at Colby in a positive way, whether small or large.

Where did you study abroad?

Budapest, Hungary.

What was your favorite part about Budapest? What about being abroad in general?

My favorite part about Budapest was how livable the city was. I lived in a apartment in the center of the city, and it was not touristy or overwhelming at all. But then I’d walk five minutes on my commute everyday to the tram to get to class and I’d get to experience all the beautiful views of Parliament and Buda Castle along the Danube River. Being abroad in Europe, I loved being able to easily travel on the weekends. I ended up visiting 13 countries in total over the course of the semester!

Favorite dining hall at Colby?

Dana.

Rap or pop?

Pop? Maybe?

Flats or boots?

Boots. Fall wardrobe season is my favorite.

Favorite item of clothing?

Sweater.. they can be dressed up but are still so comfortable.

Most useful piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?

It is perfectly acceptable to have ice cream with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No parents, no rules right?

Any advice for students looking to go abroad?

Do not hesitate when it comes to experiencing anything/exploring while abroad. Your friend wants to travel this weekend? Do it. You thinking about checking out a museum? Do it. Eating out at a local restaurant for the 4th night in a row? Do it. Your time abroad flies by, and I still have a bucket list of things I want to go back and do.

What about advice for students looking to get super involved at Colby?

Try new things. Even if it may be a club you never were interested in or you don’t know anyone else in it, still give it a try. You’ll meet incredible people.  How do you think I got into SGA? Even if you are busy or super involved, it will all be stuff you enjoy doing.

Carli Jaff is a senior at Colby with a double major in American Studies and Education. Outside of classes and being a CC for Her Campus Colby, she is the Managing Editor of the school newspaper, a writing tutor at the college writers' center, a research assistant for the Head of the Education department, and a co-chair of Colby's Senior Pledge Committee. Carli is very excited to work for Her Campus Colby and share her love for college with you all!