This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Spring break is only one month away, which means it’s swimsuit shopping season! For my girls heading south for spring break, it’s time to trade in the snow for sun and boots for bikinis. As you prepare to become a sun goddess, it’s nice to purchase at least one new swimsuit to pack for your trip to the beach since there’s a certain confidence that comes with a new swimsuit. That being said, bathing suits can be expensive. For example, Triangl swimwear is a popular brand for college women, but their bathing suits are generally $100+. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather spend that money on tropical drinks and cool adventures. Since I go away for spring break every year, I’ve come to learn some of the best and most affordable places to buy quality swimsuits that are just as adorable as the high end brands.

Aerie

The first store on my list has to be Aerie. Not only are their bathing suits high quality, but they’re also affordable since Aerie is always running deals. You can usually get a top and bottom for around $40-50 with their storewide sales. The other thing I love about Aerie is that the company has a history of promoting body positivity. Women of every size and shape can find a swimsuit that makes them feel confident in their own skin. Aerie’s models represent a range of body types so their customers actually see people who look like them. It’s reassuring to see models with busts and curves, rather than only stick thin women. It can be really difficult to tell online if a swimsuit will give you enough coverage, therefore seeing models who look like you is incredibly important. 10/10 check out Aerie. 

Target

Target is next on my list because their swimsuits are great bangs for your buck. This might not be the first store you think of when buying bathing suits, but it should be. Tops range from $14.99 to $24.99 and bottoms are around $14.99 to $22.99. This means you could get a bikini for under $40. Not only is the price affordable, but the quality is surprisingly good. The material holds up well and, like Aerie, they have sizes that fit all body types. You’ll have to do a bit more searching to find a pattern you like, but it’ll be worth it. So, if you’re ordering another set of pillows for your room, make sure to browse the swimsuit section before checking out!

Asos

This is another body inclusive company. Their slogan is “swimsuits for all,” which becomes clear as you scroll through their website. The swimwear from Asos is on the older, more modest side so if you’re looking for cheeky or thong bikini bottoms, skip this one. However, if you’re going on a family vacation and want something with a little more coverage, look no further than Asos.

SheIn

I was hesitant to put SheIn on the list because online stores like SheIn can be very hit or miss. It made it, though, because the prices can’t be beat. Bikinis are typically $12.99 for BOTH pieces. That’s $12.99 total (plus whatever shipping costs). I ordered a bikini from SheIn two years ago and I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The quality was what I expected (pretty average) and the fit was fine. The best way to have a positive experience with these types of stores is to READ THE REVIEWS. I can’t stress this enough. You might be a medium in everything you wear, but some swimsuits on SheIn might run really large or small. The reviews have all the answers. This also gives you an opportunity to see the swimsuit on an actual person rather the stock photos they use. If you read the reviews, you’ll be fine. If the quality isn’t great, wear the bathing suit once, get your fire insta pic while in it, then get rid of it. For the price, it’s worth it.

I hope this list helps you in your search for that perfect swimsuit. If there are other affordable swimwear sites that I should check out, leave a comment below.

Alexa is a senior at Colby College double majoring in Economics and French. She spent a semester studying in Switzerland and traveling across Europe. When she is not taking pictures of her food, she loves to ski the slopes of Sunday River and Sugarloaf, dance for Colby Dancers, and visit her CCAK mentee.