Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Bellesa: The Porn Site You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Let’s come right out and say it: WOMEN ALSO WATCH PORN. Porn is super fun because it allows you to get turned on while you masturbate. Oh, what’s that? Yes, that’s right! WOMEN ALSO MASTURBATE. Now that we’re on the same page, we can skip right to the nitty gritty: where to find porn. 

Pornhub isn’t for everybody. In fact, Pornhub is for the select few. Many of Pornhub’s videos are violent; they hyper sexualize women and objectify women’s bodies. Videos on Pornhub often promote unrealistic body types and sex that just looks painful. Pornhub is geared toward straight men who are attracted to straight, white women (or attracted to lesbian women, which unravels a whole other can of objectified worms). 

So, what’s a girl to do? Watch Pornhub and spend thirty minutes searching for a video that doesn’t involve coercion or incest or hyper sexualized lesbian sex? Or, alternatively, seek out a new site? Today, I’m here to tell you that option two is the way to go. 

Ladies, meet Bellesa. Bellesa is a porn site made for, and by, women. As stated on their site, “At Bellesa, we believe that sexuality on the internet should depict women as they truly are-as subjects of pleasure, not objects of conquest.” YAS, BELLESA. Women are subjects of pleasure not objects of conquest, which means that, in Bellesa films, women actually enjoy themselves! They receive oral sex, and they orgasm! How profound! 

On the Bellesa site, there are options for everybody. First, you can select your tempo, ranging from Sensual to Passionate and, lastly, to Rough. Within your tempo, you can select video filters: Hot Guy, Threesome, Bondage, Girl on Girl, etc. Bellesa also has a category for erotic stories if you prefer to read for arousal. How intellectual!

At Bellesa, you can not only watch porn, but also read sexual health articles. You can learn about nausea after sex, myths about pulling out, and a plethora of other informative, sexy topics. Bellesa uses porn as a platform for education, and I am SO on board. 

Ladies, look. I understand that masturbating and watching porn is INCREDIBLY taboo. Women are supposed to be virgins who also love sex and also have no vagina. It’s awfully confusing. But the good news is that, on Bellesa, you can find a more realistic depiction of women. You can find women who look like you—women of every size and color who celebrate their bodies and their sexual health. Now stop reading this article and go search Bellesa!

Chloe is a Sociology major from Colby College. In her free time, Chloe enjoys cooking and writing for the "Culture" and "News" sections of Her Campus.