Austin Frank ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Year: 2017

Dorm: Taylor

Favorite Dining Hall: Foss

Major: Environmental Science and Economics double

Hometown: Wellesley, MA

Relationship Status: Single

Three things you can’t live without: the beach, the boys, The Beach Boys

Favorite movie: Any Disney Channel movie

Favorite TV show: “24”

Favorite song: “The Zephyr Song” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Favorite book: Goodnight Moon

Spirit animal: Koala

What are you involved in on campus? I am on the lacrosse team and part of the Colby Surf Club.

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl? Does she swipe right on Tinder?

What do you want to be as an adult? I’d love to run my own business some day. Or move to Indonesia or Australia and jc. Idk you?

What’s one girl trend you don’t understand? High heels.

How do you handle being so good looking? Gym, tan, laundry.

What are your guilty pleasures? Probably how much I listen to Ke$ha/Britney Spears but I wouldn’t even call that guilty cause they are talented artists.

Most embarrassing moment? Walking into a pool with clothes/phone/wallet at a 4th of July party. The lights weren’t on in the pool so I, for some reason, thought it was grass.

Colby bucketlist highlights?  After my back up, Austin Sayre, had 6 goals and 2 assists in his debut against Trinity, I claimed that I was him that Saturday night and the rest is history.

#1 pet peeve? People licking their fingers.

What is your ideal date? Surf, sunset, sand, sentimental talks.

What makes you different than the average Colby student? I went to a prep school 20 minutes outside of Boston.

How did your first kiss go down? My friends and I strolled to the local playground to meet up with a coupla guys and a coupla gals, including my girlfriend at the time. We were talking and the conversation started to slow, so I shut my eyes and leaned in. 1st base baby. 

Complete this song lyric in any way you please: “I know that I can’t take no more, it ain’t no lie. I wanna see you Backstreet’s back baby bye bye bye.”

Describe the lacrosse team in three words: Just Excellent Beats.

Which boy band would you be in and why? The Backstreet Boys because in the Millenium album cover they look sick in their all-white suits and I wanna look that sick.

If you were President of Colby, which thing would you change and why? Probably try to add some more interesting birds species besides crows, pigeons, and sea gulls.

Carli Jaff is a senior at Colby with a double major in American Studies and Education. Outside of classes and being a CC for Her Campus Colby, she is the Managing Editor of the school newspaper, a writing tutor at the college writers' center, a research assistant for the Head of the Education department, and a co-chair of Colby's Senior Pledge Committee. Carli is very excited to work for Her Campus Colby and share her love for college with you all!