Style

5 Things I’m Asking For This Holiday Season: Broke College Girl Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Happy (almost) Holidays! This year, it seems like everyone is feeling a little stuck in the gift department. While making holiday wish lists is a great way to ensure everyone gets something they like, it seems no one knows what they want to ask for this holiday season. I am struggling with this myself. I’m not sure if it’s because we’re getting older or because everything is so expensive right now, but when my loved ones asked what I wanted for Christmas, my mind went blank. If you also feel this way, no fear! I have compiled a list of a few popular items that won’t break the bank!

1. Sephora gift sets: Sephora offers some great deals for their gift sets. It’s a great way to try new things without committing to buying a full-sized product. You can choose from sets that are under $50, $25, and even $10!
  2. Ribbon for hair bows and other accessories: This winter, a big trend is tying ribbons in your hair! This can be a super inexpensive and fun gift. Ribbon is less than $10 at craft stores or big box stores like Walmart. You could even get a few different colors!
  3. Perfume: Everyone likes smelling nice, but perfume can be really expensive. Sites like Dossier sell expensive perfume dupes for brands like Gucci and Chanel for around $25! They also have sales all the time.
  4. Digital Camera: Digital cameras are all the rage right now, but they can get really pricey. I have found a few on Amazon for around $30 that have great reviews! This way, you can enjoy the trend without hurting your bank account.
  5. Redbubble Stickers: As someone who loves covering my computer and my water bottles with stickers, I love Redbubble. They have stickers of literally anything you could think of! They also have great deals, providing discounts for every five or ten stickers you buy.
Natalie Foster is a senior at Colby College in Waterville, Maine. She is an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing and a Classical Civilizations minor. She is an avid writer and in her free time enjoys reading, talking about Taylor Swift, making Spotify playlists, watching Pride and Prejudice (2005), and practicing with the Colby Dance Team.