This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Back in November I shared 5 recipes I had loved making in my apartment downtown, and now I am back with some more! These recipes, much like the first 5, are delicious “healthy-ish” comfort foods. (All of these recipes were easily made gluten-free to accommodate my roommate and me).

Cauliflower Buffalo Wings

This meal not only cured my craving for spicy food, but was also inclusive to my vegetarian roommates. It’s always a plus when all of my roommates with different dietary needs can enjoy a meal. 

Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries

These zucchini fries were a healthier alternative to regular french fries, and went amazingly as a side to a turkey burger I quickly put together.

BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Although I was at first skeptical about this combination, this dish turned out to be really tasty. It was filling, and I found the use of sweet potatoes to be a more exciting and healthier option than the usual russet potato I go for.

Mexican Brown Rice Bake

This recipe is probably the least healthy on this list, but it totally hit the spot for a delicious comfort meal. I added fresh corn to the recipe, and topped mine with some sour cream and avocado. 

Oatmeal Bake

My roommate used other recipes to create her own perfected recipe for an oatmeal bake breakfast.

Ingredients: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup oat milk or any milk alternative, 1/2 banana, 1 egg, some cinnamon & nutmeg, and any add ins you want (chocolate chips, raspberries, blueberries, apples, nuts, etc).

All you have to do is mix together the ingredients in a mug and microwave for 2 and a half minutes! It tastes like eating dessert for breakfast, but has way more nutritional value than traditional pancakes or other forms of dessert-like breakfasts.

I hope this list of recipes can help you if you are stuck looking for new meal ideas!

Sarah is a current senior at Colby from Westchester, New York. She is a psychology major and art minor.