This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

While it is just barely beginning to feel like Spring in Maine (aside from the pollen count), I already have summer on my mind. Classes are winding down, the sun is slowly coming back out of hibernation, and the days are growing longer. This only means one thing; it’s time to start thinking about summer fashion!

Here are 4 trends that will be EVERYWHERE this summer:

1. Neon

We already saw a sneak peak of this trend with Kylie Jenner’s neon green bathing suit that shook the internet, but neon is now everywhere! From nails, to bags, to a fun shoe or accessory, this trend is the perfect amount of in-your-face-cool-girl-vibes to keep people turning their heads all summer long.

What to buy: Small Backpack, Bodysuit, Jeans

[Courtesy of Emma Chamberlains Instagram]

2. Stacked Gold Jewelry

While gold jewelry is a timeless classic, this summer we’re amping it up with…well, more! Grab your gold chains, gold hoops, gold pendants, gold rings, and pretty much everything else that’s gold. Now wear them all.

What to buy: Signet Ring, Anklet, Layered Necklaces

[Courtesy of Siena Mirabella’s Instagram]

3. Linen, Linen, Linen!

Nothing screams “summer” like a flowy linen romper….or dress….or shirt….or pants. Thin yet comfortable, and effortlessly stylish, linens are the perfect way to look chic and put together, while still beating the scorching heat.

What to buy: Flowy Pants, Overalls, Wrap Skirt

[Courtesy of Jake Noren on Unsplash]

4. Platform Sandals

Whether you’re super short, super tall, or right in the middle, you’re going to need a pair of platform sandals this summer. From your favorite dress to those jean shorts you can’t live without, these comfy and cute shoes are a staple for the upcoming months. Did someone say sandal tan lines? That’s right, you won’t be able to take these babies off.

What to Buy: Striped Straps, Suede Straps, Leather Straps

[Courtesy of Kelsie Crockett’s Instagram]

Happy shopping and happy summer everyone!

Olivia is a sophomore at Colby College with a major in English Creative Writing. She is a chronic insomniac from Brooklyn, NY with a passion for the beach, music festivals, and finessing her schedule to never have class on Friday's. Olivia is the Social Media Executive Manager for HerCampus Colby, The Co-President of the Colby Music Incubator, and a proud member of the Colbyettes A Capella group. Usually can be found chasing the sun, sometimes across the country. Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/liv_wandres?si=K_AOh2g4ScurSoUPMtWseA
Hannah is a current junior at Colby but is originally from Weston, Massachusetts. She is a Government Major and Creative Writing Minor and has always had a strong passion for reading and writing. At Colby, she is active on several student committees, is a member of the Colbyettes Acapella Group and is the President of the Her Campus chapter at Colby.