10 Throwback Songs to Remember

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Whether to listen and sing along to with your girlfriends, or play at a party, these throwbacks are sure to get you reminiscing about your pre-teen years!

1. He Loves U Not—Dream

This American girl group’s singular hit advocates girl power through the lyrics “He’s into what he’s got, he loves me, he loves you not.”

2. Us Against the World—Play

Featured in the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen hit move Holiday in the Sun, other hits by this Swedish girl group include, Cinderella and I’m Gonna Make You Love Me.

3.  Bouncing Off the Ceiling (Upside Down)—A*Teens

Another Swedish import, you may remember the A*Teens for their ABBA covers.  Their other hit, Can’t Help Falling In Love, was featured in The Disney Movie Lilo & Stitch.

4. C’est La Vie—B*Witched

You may remember this song from the movie Life Size with Lindsay Lohan and Tyra Banks or from the Disney Channel movie Smart House.

5. Just the Girl—The Click 5

These Boston boys’ song brings back middle school memories.

6. Hit ‘Em Up Style (Oops!)—Blu Cantrell

For a little R&B flavor…

7. Bring It All Back—S Club 7

You may remember seeing this British Pop group in their television series Miami 7. The kids of S Club 7 have many other throwback classics including Reach, Never Had a Dream Come True, S Club Party, Don’t Stop Movin’, and You.

8. Boom, Boom, Boom—Vengaboys   

The Vengaboys are also known for their hits We’re Going to Ibiza and We Like To Party.

9. Try Again—Aaliyah

This song earned Aaliyah, who died tragically in 2001 in a plane crash, a Grammy award nomination for Best Female R&B vocalist.

10. Juliet—LMNT

Fun Fact: Matthew Morrison, better shown as Will Schuester on Glee, got his start as a vocalist in LMNT. 

Picture Source: 

http://tommy2.net

http://last.fm

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.  
Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.