This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

It’s officially December, and you know exactly what that means: fuzzy socks, tree-decorating, hot chocolate and peppermint, gingerbread cookies, and (depending on where you live) snow angels! Amid rising COVID-19 concerns, this holiday season is going to look different. I know mine is going to look like excess family bonding, dancing to my jingle bells playlist in my reindeer onesie, and a lot of Netflix. But, nothing screams Christmas more than snuggling up with a hot cup of chocolate and binge-watching your favorite holiday classics. Here’s a diverse list of movies you’re going to want to watch to count down the days until Christmas!

The Polar Express (2004)

My literal childhood. My elementary school always played this movie right before break–and for a good reason. The inspiring movie takes you on an enchanting train ride journey to the North Pole, where more Christmas magic takes place. Available on Prime Video.

It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)

No one loves a heartwarming black and white film more than I do! Directed by Frank Capra, this Christmas classic tells the story of a man who, on the verge of suicide, encounters an angel who helps him rediscover the meaning of life. This sweet 1946 film will surely tug on your heartstrings. Watch on Hulu!

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

The viral Tim Burton TikTok trend recently got me thinking about all my favorite Tim Burton movies–and this is one of them! Following the misadventures of Halloweentown king Jack and his plans to reign Christmastown, this grundge-y stop-motion animated fantasy film is one you can’t miss this holiday season. Available now on Disney+!

Home Alone (1990)

You’d be lying to yourself if you haven’t watched Macaulay Culkin’s most celebrated works at least once in your life. If you’re looking for a good laugh, watching the battle between Kevin and two dimwitted thieves will get the job done. And if you’re feeling ambitious, maybe even have a Home Alone marathon. Stream on Disney+!

Klaus (2019)

From the co-creators of Despicable Me, this beautifully animated film tells the story of how a failed postman and reclusive toymaker by the name of Mr. Clause try to ignite change for the children of a forbidding town. Watch this on Netflix!

Miracle on 34th Street (1994)

Film junkies know this is a Christmas Movie staple. Starring Richard Attenborough and Mara Wilson, this 1994 classic follows a skeptical young girl and the trial of a man claiming to be Santa Claus himself. Check it out on Prime Video!

Krampus (2015)

As an honorary member of the horror movie fan club, I had to include this on the list. This movie stars the Christmas demon that punishes naughty children, and when a certain family loses its Christmas spirit, a series of events unfolds. Wouldn’t be your typical horror movie without summoning demons during Christmastime, of course. Grab your pillows and get ready for some jump scares! Watch now on Hulu!

Elf (2003)

If you need a movie to recover from after watching Krampus, this classic holiday comedy is the one. Will Ferrell’s clownish performance will take you on a hectic yet heartening journey as he searches for his biological father. Stream on Hulu!

Bad Santa (2003)

2003 was arguably the year of Christmas films. Another 2003 film, this dark comedy is about a depressed, alcoholic mall Santa who meets an innocent boy that brings out his kinder, more hopeful side. Available on Prime Video!

Scrooged (1988)

A 20th century comedy, Scrooged tells a modern adaptation of the timeless Charles Dickens novel A Christmas Carol that will not disappoint you this holiday! Definitely check this out on Prime Video.

Grab your fuzzy throw blankets, put on your coziest winter fit, and let’s get marathoning!

Liya is a sophomore at Colby College from New Jersey majoring in Econ-Finance, minoring in Cinema Studies and East Asian Studies. Besides writing for HC, she's involved in Colby Consulting Group, Finance Committee, Asian Students Association, and The Pequod. You will likely spot her people-watching with her friends in the Spa or napping on Miller Lawn in 60 degrees weather! Currently, her latest obsession is a cuppa' oat-milk iced matcha latte :)