This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

With Thanksgiving only a few weeks away, now more than ever is the time to express your thanks and gratitude towards friends, family, and loved ones. A thank you done correctly can go a long way and completely make someone’s day, so here are some things to take into consideration when showing someone you care!

1. Write it out: A written thank you card is often overlooked as many people today send a quick text or email instead; however, receiving a physical thank you can mean a lot

2. Add some value: Don’t simply just say “thank you” or “thanks”, but instead add some personalization to show the receiving party you truly care and are not just sending a thank you out of obligation

3. Be specific: Let the recipient know exactly what you are thanking them for so it does not come across as a “copy and paste” sort of message

4. Be authentic: Adding an inside joke or something that shows your character is a great way to make the thank you for real, authentic, and personable 

5. Don’t overlook individuals: sending a thank you doesn’t just have to be for a big item but can be for anything or service someone gives to you, and receiving a thank you feels good and enhances a relationship whether personal or professional

Be sure to be aware of how you show gratitude this season and giving out a couple more thank you’s can only make the world a better place!

Brianna Barnes

Coastal Carolina '24

Brianna is an honors college student studying Business Management. She is from the D.C. area and loves the beach, hanging out with friends, listening to music, and watching the Bachelor. She hopes to entertain and educate with her writing!