This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Do you ever find yourself looking for something low-key to do on a Friday night but all of your friends are going out? I do this all the time because I really just feel the need for a chill night at the end of the week. Below you will see some of my findings of awesome things to do on a night in because who says you have to go out to have a good time?

1. Netflix & Chill (like actually chill)

This option seems the most obvious, but also is extremely underrated. A night inside catching up on some of your favorite shows is definitely one of the most exciting things to do when you’re alone on a Friday night! Curl up on the couch, get a warm cup of coffee or tea, and binge watch your show for hours.

2. Read

Reading is often also an extremely underrated thing to do in your free time. A good book can offer you not only knowledge but serene downtime when you’re looking for some peaceful time alone on a Friday night. I’m also going to list some of my suggestions down below because books are awesome:

• Looking For Alaska by John Green

• An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

• Paper Towns by John Green

• The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

• Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

• Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

Okay, so I may be a bit biased towards John Green.

3. Homemade DIY Spa Night

I am all about skin care and taking the time to treat yourself–who’s with me? One of the things I find most relaxing to do is take a bath using all of your fancy products (bath salts, bubble bath, your favorite body wash–the works) and do a face and hair mask afterward. You could also throw in a sugar scrub for your face or body. This kind of routine always leaves me feeling so refreshed and renewed and I definitely sleep better afterward. It is also super fun to put in the extra time to make your own DIY sugar scrubs and soaps.

4. Bake

Doesn’t everyone love to treat themselves to some awesome junk food? What is (almost) as therapeutic as these super chocolatey and sweet treats are the art of creating them. Look up a fun and easy recipe or maybe just buy a box of brownie mix! Fresh treats always taste the best and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you made them.

5. Get Organized

This is definitely the least (seemingly) exciting idea I’ve put on this list but hear me out! I hear girls complain ALL THE TIME about how they don’t feel organized or the famous “I don’t have my life together” quote. What better thing to do on a free night than get things done that will make you feel more on top of your life? Sure it’s not as exciting in the process, but going to sleep with an accomplished feeling is truly the greatest satisfaction.  

Lily Bryant

Coastal Carolina '21

Lily Bryant is an English major at Coastal Carolina University with minors in Women's and Gender Studies and Marketing. In her free time she loves to read, write, sing, and do pretty much anything artsy. Her goals in life are to inspire others, create good change, and be a successful author. View her work here at Her Campus or on her personal blog at lilyabryant.com.
Olivia Burke

Coastal Carolina '19

Olivia Burke is a college student, freelance writer, and campus correspondent at Coastal Carolina University. She has written about everything from Valentine's Day to political candidates. When she isn't studying or working on a new article, she is either eating fresh hibachi or catching up on This Is Us on Hulu.