The Admiration Surrounding the Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Around a college campus, the fall season can be seen in all its glory. Campus coffee shops come out with their fall drinks, the libraries have a cozy vibe, and school is just starting back. Depending on where your university is located, you may even see some changes outdoors. The temperature gets a bit chillier, the leaves are falling, and next thing you know you have a Taylor Swift playlist going on in your head. In addition to all of these amazing things, there are many other reasons as to why college students may favor the fall season. 

First off, fall brings us many drinks and treats. As stated earlier, campus coffee shops bring us all of the pumpkin spice flavors. In addition, Dunkin’ comes out with their pumpkin donuts, and it is time to order a PSL from Starbucks. It is also socially acceptable to start ordering hot drinks from both of these places. Not to mention, the aesthetic that comes with sitting in the library or coffee shop, in the fall, with a hot drink. So it’s not only the food, but the vibes that add even more to this great season. The vibes also go along with the clothes that suit fall. Ripped mom jeans with an oversized sweater makes a flattering outfit for all body types and are so comfortable, especially in the chilly weather.

Secondly, fall is associated with a routine. This season is when school starts back for everyone and almost presents itself as a new beginning or new chapter. This new chapter is presented through stores carrying new planners and all the new school supplies. While beginning a new chapter in life can be scary, it is also an exciting time to reinvent yourself, try new organization techniques, or to restart your daily routine or workout regime. In addition, when some go back to school, they may start a new job. Jobs can provide relief from schoolwork and also establish a routine, which can make people feel more put-together and organized.

Lastly, I think people favor the fall because it is the start of all of the fun holidays. Fall means that spooky season is approaching, and halloween decor is already out in stores. This season begins the time to start thinking about a Halloween costume and planning for halloween parties. Not long after Halloween, Thanksgiving will come with all of the great food and family time. Because many go away to school, the later fall season brings with it the opportunity to go back home and visit with loved ones. After Thanksgiving, Christmas decor will be in stores, and then Christmas break will come with more free time for us to spend around loved ones. All in all, the fall season is the precursor to all of that good stuff happening. Instead of looking at the start of the school year as stressful, try to consider the great season that comes along with it.

Caroline Surface

Coastal Carolina '25

Caroline is a junior Interactive Journalism Communication major at Coastal Carolina University. She is from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and has two cats and one dog. She was on the yearbook team all throughout high school, which is where she found her passion of telling stories through writing.