Flower Tile
Flower Tile
Big Machine / Dead Oceans / Canva

Taylor Swift’s 10 Minute Version of “All Too Well” is Coming and I’m Not Okay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Taylor Swift has always been the “King of My Heart” (see what I did there 😉 ).  I was a swiftie from the Fearless days, all the way up until now. She is just so relatable in her lyrics and her day-to-day life. In addition, I have had the honor of seeing her live not once but twice. I was fortunate enough to attend both the 1989 and the Reputation concerts in Atlanta, Georgia. Even if someone is not a swiftie, I promise they would thoroughly enjoy her concerts. The ability she had during these shows to have full-on conversations to an audience of tens of thousands of people is truly a talent. At some points during her show, I felt like it was just me and her. Her stage presence was charismatic, relatable, and unlike any concert I have been to. Miss Swift has never failed to shock, surprise, and entertain me. C’mon, we are both cat people and love the fall season with all of our being, so we obviously have a lot in common.

Out of all the older Taylor Swift songs I cherish like “Fifteen”, “You Belong With Me”, “You’re Not Sorry”, “Back to December”, and ”Stay Stay Stay”, (just to name a few), my all time favorite has to be “All Too Well”. Although, considering I was 10 years old when it came out, I did not understand the concept or really relate to it. But, when I was 16 and encountered my first heartbreak, that all changed. I remember blasting “All Too Well” in my car going 80 down the highway just a few months after getting my driver’s license. I would listen to all 5 minutes and 27 seconds of this song on repeat. Taylor Swift had this God-given ability to perfectly describe everything I was going through and felt during certain times in my life. Lyrics like “You told me ’bout your past thinking your future was me…. you call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest,” speak what me and a lot of others went/go through. This is why it is no surprise that Taylor Swift has won 11 Grammys and counting!

Since all of the drama over the ownership of her own music, Taylor Swift is still in the process of re-recording her discography of music (which is amazing!). Taylor’s version of Fearless has already come out, and was just as beautiful as I expected. Although, Taylor announced through a TikTok that the 10 Minute Version of “All Too Well” is coming to the swifties November 12th! In just a few short days, it is going to be time to reminisce upon my 16-year old self and get in my feels. It is soon going to be time to listen to all 10 minutes of this piece on repeat!

Caroline Surface

Coastal Carolina '25

Caroline is a junior Interactive Journalism Communication major at Coastal Carolina University. She is from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and has two cats and one dog. She was on the yearbook team all throughout high school, which is where she found her passion of telling stories through writing.