This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Sky Diving   

The day you said wassup I started to suit up.

Through all the time that was spent and every text that was sent the plane went higher even though I knew you were a liar.

I tried to fight the urge to resist but for every tug downward you pulled back up with insist.

The plane finally reached the limit I thought did not exist.

I jumped and began to fall for you even though I knew you wouldn’t stay true.

So, there I was falling hoping every buzz from my phone would be you calling.

Every song I sung was about you hun, even though I knew you were only looking for fun.

About halfway down I realized my parachute of protection could not be found.

Somehow, some way, must’ve been one of those marvelous days, you stole the protection that made me feel safe and secure now I’m not so sure.

But, it’s too late I’ve already jumped now falling is my only fate.

There was nothing to stop me, down I went with you being my only hope even though I knew you weren’t going to show.

As the end of my fall drew near, I knew I was not in the clear and that you dear had fulfilled my worst fear.

I trusted the fall; I trusted the wall that guarded my heart and here comes the moment you tore it all apart.

Now I know you’re all wondering but suddenly I’m stumbling to find the words to describe what I felt inside.

At the bottom of my fall to no surprise at all, reality was waiting to laugh at all the time that I wasted.

It was intense, I fell for you and have yet to get up since.

It was adventurous I was curious, and it was oh so thriving it was how I knew skydiving became a part of me dying.

I say all this to say that today will be the day and I thought I should let you know that I have decided to finally let you go.

For the next time I find a man like you should come around I’ll know not to fall for I have found out the hard way and in words that’s hard for me to say, I am thankful for that day for putting me back in my place and reminding me that I shouldn’t chase a man that is not a part of my plan, and skydiving will never again be something I do to lose myself trying. 

Annelyn Russ

Coastal Carolina '22

Hi. My name is Annelyn Russ I am a young aspiring writer. I hope one day to pursue a successful job in the journalism field. I am currently studying at Coastal Carolina in progress of earning a degree in Communications and a minor in Journalism.