This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

We’ve all wondered if we were able to pass as a child to get cheaper tickets at the movies or to order off of the kid’s menu. We’ve faced the reality that, no, we don’t look 12 years old anymore. We took a deep breath and paid the full, adult prices that leave a hefty dent in our bank accounts. Fear no more, my fellow students. I am here to introduce you to a life hack made just for students.

You probably already know about the student discounts offered by some of the top online services like Amazon Prime, Spotify, and Apple Music, but student discounts aren’t limited to streaming. If you’re a high school or college student, and you have a valid student ID or school email address, you are eligible for receiving discounts at select stores at your local mall, museums, and movie theaters. Most places give you a discount between 5-15% off your total, which is a lot more than you think. Here is a list of some of the most popular student discounts you can take advantage of.

● Apple: Apple offers discounts to college students and prospective college students on Mac models and iPads. Students (and educators!) can save about $200 or 5% on these Apple products as long as they can provide a valid student ID or a college acceptance letter.

● Microsoft: Students and parents can receive a 10% discount on Microsoft tablets and laptops. Plus, students can get Office 365 for free. With a valid student ID in stores or a valid school email address, you can save hundreds of dollars on Microsoft products.

● Best Buy: Best Buy is the go-to store for all things technology, and yes, they have a ton of student deals. If you create an account with Best Buy, you can sign up for student deals and receive a list of exclusive offers made just for students. You could save on a new laptop, tablet, or phone.

● The New York Times: Have you ever gotten a notification from The New York Times warning you that you’ve reached your article limit? The student subscription comes to the rescue. For as little as $1 a week, students can get access to unlimited articles. Instead of paying $15 a month, students only pay $4 a month.

● Forever 21: If you love online shopping, you’ll love this 15% discount from Forever 21. All you have to do is sign up for a student discount code. Forever 21 also offers in-store student discounts. Simply ask the employee behind the register.

● Express: Shopping for the perfect outfit for your upcoming job interview can get pricey, but luckily Express offers a 15% discount for students both online and in stores. Once you verify your student status, the discount is all yours.

● Regal, Cinemark, and AMC: Student discounts offered by movie theaters are usually based on select locations. Ask if your local theater offers a student discount when you purchase your tickets. If they do, you can present the employee your trusty student ID and voila! You’ve got yourself a discounted movie ticket.

Student discounts can be found almost anywhere if you ask. Even some fast food chains and restaurants located near your school offer price reductions. Next time you find yourself spending money, be sure to ask about discounts for students! You never know how much you’ll save!

Angelica Pizza

Coastal Carolina '21

Angelica is a student at Coastal Carolina University studying communication, journalism and women's and gender studies. She has a passion for writing and hopes to pursue a career as a writer or editor for a magazine.