This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Many people go on vacation to relieve stress, however sometimes even the joy of traveling can become stressful, from the crazy airports to when you get home needing a week to recover. Traveling no matter how wonderful, can be physically and mentally exhausting.  

Here is a list of ways to reduce stress while traveling: 

• Create a List 

If you create a list of the items most necessary for weather conditions, toiletries and other items, you’ll find packing easier to handle. 

• Pack Early 

No one wants to pack the night before a big vacation, you’ll end up forgetting something important or overpacking.  

• Don’t Overpack 

Rushing can lead to throwing random items into luggage and bags, causing an issue of packing way too many unnecessary things.  

• Hydrate 

Drinking plenty of water daily is extremely important. Sure you may think that energy drink will do more for you but really, it’s like a rollercoaster at full speed and then an immediate stop. Water will keep you going (plus, you can avoid stress acne). 

•  Get Plenty of Rest 

This applies both before and after the trip. If you start off your vacation extremely tired, you’ll be moody, unable to enjoy where you’re at but also, getting plenty of sleep on the trip will help as well. Late nights can be fun, but oddly so can early mornings. 

• Set Realistic Expectations 

Life is flawed and setting the bar too high to expect the perfect vacation is rough, especially in unknown areas. Weather conditions and everyday life can be extremely different to your idea of normal or your idea of perfection.  

• Have Fun 

Most importantly, enjoy yourself. It’s okay if things aren’t completely perfect, make the best out of situations and try new things. 

Sophia Edens

Coastal Carolina '22

PLEASE VISIT: thecontentfoodcritic.com In her role as a senior student attending Coastal Carolina University, Sophia’s area of expertise lies in her English degree with a concentration in Composition, Rhetoric and Linguistics and a minor in Communication. Sophia is an energetic, motivated and experienced hospitality professional. Easily adaptable with leadership qualities. Customer service and hospitality roles served for growth in collaborative problem solving, public speaking and critical thinking. As a soon to be graduate with an English degree, residing in South Carolina, she hopes to use the skills that she has learned through various positions to provide as an asset to any team she joins.