“Fun and Easy Ways to get into the Fall/Halloween Spirit”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.
  1. Apple Picking/Pumpkin Picking (“the classic” of course)

Apple picking and pumpkin picking are always super fun and easy ways to get your friends, family, or your significant other together for some fall festivities. The environment is always entertaining, social, and a great place to get pictures of yourself and your friends. There is always more to do. At many places, (depending on locations) there are small stands scattered around where you can get fresh apple cider. Not only that, but you can snack on some warm, fresh apple cider doughnuts. And, it is in fact so easy to find places around you to do so.

• What to Do/Make with your Apples

After apple picking, you can go home and make caramel apples, apple pie, candy apples, and your own version of apple cider doughnuts. The recipes are so easy to find too! Pinterest, google, or any cooking site, there will be easy steps to follow to make whatever you’d like. Not only that, but you can throw a small get-together with your friends and go bobbing for apples. Or, with your candied/caramel apples, you could decorate them to add a bit more fun to your party!

• What to Do/Make with your Pumpkins

In my opinion, one of the most fun activities to do with your friends during the fall/Halloween season is carving pumpkins. Getting together, coming up with ideas, helping each other out, it’s not only an enjoyable activity for the Halloween season but it’s also a great bonding experience. 

1. Haunted Attractions~
  • Haunted Houses/Amusement Parks

Haunted houses, mazes, and amusement parks are an extremely popular activity to do around Halloween. It is a great way to get in the spirit for spooky season with your friends or your significant other. People love to feel the excitement of Halloween and going to these locations are going to give you that thrill you’re looking for. Halloween is all about fun, tricks and treats, horror and excitement. 

1. Planning Halloween Costumes~

The biggest part of celebrating Halloween is piecing together your costumes, experimenting ideas, and finding what your best costume can be. Especially for high school and college students, figuring out a killer costume is a huge part of what makes Halloween so much fun. Planning with your friends, making your costumes, and getting opinions on your ideas is a great activity to get you in the Halloween spirit. 

1. Decorating your House/Apartment~

Buying fall decorations, or even making them, is a simple way to get into the spirit of fall. Plaid, leaves, browns, reds, oranges etc. are just some examples of what kind of vibe you could make your space look like for the fall. You can go to the store, grab a couple of fall-smelling candles, (like pumpkin spice, apple pumpkin, fall leaves, rustic woods) some cute fall inspired signs, neutral colored plaid blankets and pillows. Outside, mums are the definition of a perfect fall flower, little scarecrows, and pumpkins are the ultimate fall decoration for outside of your home.

1. Football Games~

Watching football over the TV, physically going to games, or even playing a friendly game in your backyard. For many, fall season IS football season. College football, NFL, and high school are just enjoyable ways to get outside, feel the fresh air, and spend quality time with the people you want to surround yourself with.

Fall is the start of the holidays. It is the start of family gatherings, unforgettable times with friends, and memorable dates with your significant other. There are so many activities to do to get into the mindset of fall after the heat of the summer. All you need is a bit of creativity and people around you to make those memories with.

Camryn Lapp

Coastal Carolina '23

Camryn Lapp came from New Jersey to Coastal Carolina University as a Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management major. She is currently a senior at the University. Camryn came onboard to HerCampus in the Fall of 2021 as a writer, and is now on the Executive Board as the Head of Event Planning!