Hallmark Her20s Hero Image?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hallmark Her20s Hero Image?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team

Farewell to Her Campus at Coastal Carolina, From the Graduating President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Throughout my time at Coastal Carolina University, I joined Her Campus at Coastal Carolina as soon as it was founded in the Spring semester of my freshman year as the Marketing Director and Events Planner. After that semester, I was elected to become the President of Her Campus at Coastal Carolina. The past two years in this role has been the greatest joy of my undergraduate experience. Now, as I get ready to graduate and retire my role, I want to reflect on my experience and express gratitude for some of the greatest benefits I have enjoyed in the position.

During my time as the President and a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Coastal Carolina, the team that I have led has had to undergo many storms, adjust to challenging time periods, and grow beyond measure. Together, we have weathered hurricanes, a global pandemic, and trying times of social and economic unrest. Throughout every turn, we only grew stronger. From a small team of 4 or 5 regular members, we have flourished to become a group of roughly 15 individuals working constantly to support and love one another while providing public education on a variety of topics through articles and social media content.

I have had the pleasure of watching many students and team members develop friendships with one another that are genuine, loving, and will last a lifetime. I myself have gained countless friendships of this type. Even as we embraced the new virtual world and only could communicate through group texts, Snapchat, and Zoom, we have bonded as close as we ever could have in person.

Not only have so many of the team members developed beautiful friendships, but I have watched many of them grow into better versions of themselves time and time again. In a community that is welcoming of everyone and all of our intricate personalities and interests, everyone is able to thrive. I have grown to love Caitlin Rhodes for her love of Tupac and passion for ending the opioid crisis, Sarah McGonigle for her love of thrift shopping and award shows, and Sage Short for her abounding knowledge in history and great authors. I have grown to love Nahdea Wiley’s constant bright personality, Kele Bullock and Angelica Pizza’s vast knowledge of all things astrology, and Brittney Plusnick’s confidence to speak on even the most controversial topics in an open, honest, and justice-seeking way. I have grown to await Christian Livingston’s next book review and see her bright personality shine. I find comfort and hope in the love that Grace Thomas has for everything justice-seeking and inclusive. I have found motivation in Kevlyn Lewis’s love for others, regular runs, and health conscious lifestyle and gained knowledge from Kaitlin Serad’s explanation of topics that are not often touched on. I have been constantly impressed more and more by Paxton Granger’s extensive talent and felt warmth from her loving soul. I have found inspiration in Sarah Grossbauer and her constant achievements and I have found serenity in the gentle kindness that Taylar Grant possesses.

Every member of our team has qualities that make them shine and brings something great to the table. I have no doubt that everyone at Her Campus at Coastal Carolina will continue to thrive long after I graduate and long after they do. I am thankful for being able to play a small part in their journey throughout life. Upon graduation, I will take the lessons that everyone at Her Campus at Coastal Carolina has taught me into life and I will be better for it. I will continue to check out the social media pages and read articles. I will always miss constantly working with this team but I will be happy for all of the things to come for everyone.

Farewell to the Diamond chapter of Her Campus at Coastal Carolina! I am forever grateful for every one of you and proud of your continued success.

Lily Bryant

Coastal Carolina '21

Lily Bryant is an English major at Coastal Carolina University with minors in Women's and Gender Studies and Marketing. In her free time she loves to read, write, sing, and do pretty much anything artsy. Her goals in life are to inspire others, create good change, and be a successful author. View her work here at Her Campus or on her personal blog at lilyabryant.com.