This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

At times, everyone feels like their life is not going as planned. Or at least everyone except the iconic Shonda Rhimes. Here is a list of ten quotes from the television empire that is Shondaland to encourage you to get back on your feet and to make you feel like “it’s handled”.

1. “Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don’t give a damn what anyone thinks. There are no teams here, no buddies. You’re on your own. Be on your own.” —Cristina Yang, Grey’s Anatomy
  2. “If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more.” – Christina Yang, Grey’s Anatomy
  3. “Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun. You are.” – Christiana Yang, Grey’s Anatomy
  4. “Don’t let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice so use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice, and when you do, fill the damn silence.” – Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
  5. “You are a gladiator. Gladiators don’t run, they fight, they slay dragons, they wipe off the blood, they stitch up their wounds, and they live to fight another day” -Olivia Pope, Scandal
  6. “Mediocrity is not an option for me. I don’t want that and neither should you” -Olivia Pope, Scandal
  7. “You should never apologize for being you” – David Rosen, Scandal
  8. “You want what’s yours? Go and take it.” – Jake Ballard, Scandal
  9. “I am who I am. If you don’t like it, I don’t care.” – Annalise Keating, How to Get Away with Murder
  10. “I am strong and I am comfortable with being strong.” – Charlotte King, Private Practice
Holly McGrath

Coastal Carolina '22

Holly McGrath is attending Coastal Carolina University as a double major in Intelligence & National Security Studies and Psychology with a pre-law minor. Originally from Connecticut, she is a Boston sports loving, snow hating, Dunkin' drinking New Englander. As a student-athlete on the Dance Team she always has her Chants up! When not on campus you can find her at the outlets or by the pool.