This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

For most students, finals week is one of the most difficult and stressful times in the semester. Finals week forces us to remember everything we have learned throughout the course, and many of us are battling the inevitable end-of-the-year burnout. Crystals are said to have healing properties that can benefit your physical and emotional well-being. If you are looking for a way to boost your focus and mental clarity throughout finals week, check out the crystals and stones listed below.

1. Green Aventurine

Green Aventurine is a stone that is associated with good luck, prosperity, and success. It can also represent optimism and excitement. Most green stones represent harmony and balance in life and nature, and Green Aventurine is the perfect stone for transforming negative thoughts into willpower and determination to reach an end goal, which is perfect for finals week. Additionally, this stone can help alleviate migraine pain.

2. Pyrite

Pyrite looks like gold, and it acts as a confidence booster to help you achieve goals in the physical world. It can help rid your mind of negative thoughts, such as potential fears or anxiety, and it can aid in transforming your attitude to, “I can and I will.” Pyrite is also associated with intellect, which is perfect for studying for final exams. It can help strengthen your memory and build stamina to get you through a stressful time.

3. Smoky Quartz

Smoky Quartz looks similar to a Clear Quartz crystal, but this stone is darker with a brownish-grey, transparent surface. The Smokey Quartz is a grounding stone associated with the root chakra, and its purpose is to help you function in the physical world. It relieves stress and helps you stay concentrated on a task. Physically, the Smokey Quartz is also linked to relieving headaches and muscular pain.

4. Fluorite

Fluorite can come in many colors, but the most popular Fluorite stone is purple and green. It is the most common crystal to use for cleansing one’s aura, and it is known to be an aid in learning and education. It can increase concentration levels by removing mental blocks while also increasing self-confidence. A predominantly green piece of Fluorite can aid in detoxifying all chakras, and a predominantly purple piece can help guide your intuition.

5. Black Agate

Black stones are associated with repelling negative energy and protecting both the mind and body. It can be difficult to stay focused on finals when your mind is filled with negative thoughts, so use Black Agate to help rid yourself of the energy that is no longer benefiting you. Once you cleanse the mind, you will be able to focus on the task at hand: getting 100s on all your finals.

6. Ametrine

Ametrine is a mix of both Amethyst and Citrine crystals, so it can be violet and yellow. The main purpose of Ametrine is to promote harmony, especially within oneself. It can help clear the mind while also promoting creativity on a physical task. Ametrine is perfect for when you need to stay focused on a final project or a difficult exam, and it can even relieve tension in the mind.

While many critics of crystal healing say the use of crystals is just an example of the placebo effect, there is no harm in believing these stones can be of assistance. According to a study published in JAMA Psychiatry, a medical journal published by the American Medical Association, the placebo effect can actually be successful in providing treatment for mental illnesses, including depression. For many people, the placebo effect will only work if you believe, so if you trust the healing properties associated with crystals, there is a good chance you can experience positive outcomes in using them.

To work with your crystals, you can meditate with them. To meditate, you should first cleanse the stone with one of the elements. The most common element to use is water, but keep in mind that some crystals are hydrophobic and cannot be submerged in water. You can also use sage smoke or incense to cleanse them. After the crystals have been cleansed, you need to make sure they possess your energy. You can do this by carrying them around wherever you go and holding them in the palm of your hand. Simply holding the crystal while you take deep breaths and set an intention for yourself is a positive way to work toward your goal of ending the semester on a high note. You can also keep your crystals on your desk or near your study space.

Crystals can be found at local metaphysical stores or on online shops, but be wary of false stones and unethically sourced products. To learn more about crystal healing, check out our previous article about crystals and stones that help alleviate stress.

Angelica Pizza

Coastal Carolina '21

Angelica is a student at Coastal Carolina University studying communication, journalism and women's and gender studies. She has a passion for writing and hopes to pursue a career as a writer or editor for a magazine.