Cooking for the College Student: Loaded Pasta Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

One of the dilemmas I often face is that although I love to eat nice warm meals, I am a terrible cook. Coming to college was a wake up call that I should learn how to make a dish or two because my mom was no longer here to do it for me. One of the best things I have found so far is an easy loaded pasta dish. The best part is how cheap it is–after all, I am a broke college student. The first time I made this was somewhat an experiment to see if I could make something out of the random groceries I had in my fridge that wasn’t completely gross. Honestly, it turned out to be pretty great and now I make it intentionally. Check out my recipe below! Most of the things you need are honestly probably already in your fridge: 

Ingredients: 

-Egg Noodles

-Random Veggies (I usually use onions, peppers, and mushrooms) 

-Alfredo Sauce 

-Garlic Powder

-Onion Powder

-Salt 

-Pepper

Directions: 

1. Begin boiling your egg noodles in a pot with water and salt.

2. Put all of your veggies together in a pan with a little olive oil.

3. After all of your veggies are well cooked, mix in your alfredo sauce with a little garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt for extra flavor.

4. After that, make sure your egg noodles are done and strain them.

5. Mix the sauce and noodles together and enjoy!

This five step meal is literally a life saver and so easy and cheap but definitely doesn’t taste like it.

Lily Bryant

Coastal Carolina '21

Lily Bryant is an English major at Coastal Carolina University with minors in Women's and Gender Studies and Marketing. In her free time she loves to read, write, sing, and do pretty much anything artsy. Her goals in life are to inspire others, create good change, and be a successful author. View her work here at Her Campus or on her personal blog at lilyabryant.com.