This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

The school year brings endless colds, constant exhaustion, and a lack in overall self-care. These products will provide boosts of energy and the perfect back-up plan to keep you safe from inescapable germs.  

Emergen-C Products 

Nutrient Shot + Energy: This product is supposed to protect your immune system while also giving you a boost of energy. I will say, that the taste of the product wasn’t as bad as I thought. It tasted a lot like peach which was great. However, it did still have a chalky after taste and I did not get a boost of energy from it. However, I often struggle when it comes to drinks specifically designed to give you a boost of energy; they usually don’t work on me. 

1,000 mg Vitamin C Daily Immune Support: It’s fall which means the flu is trying to attack all of us. I cannot afford to take any time off work or school, so I have been taking this almost every day. It doesn’t have the best taste (mainly because it is chalky) but it does do the trick. I have not gotten sick yet (fingers crossed)! 

Extra Gum 

Extra Refreshers – Tropical Mist: So, I can’t chew gum because I have jaw problems; however, I did have my mom try it since she chews gum every day. She told me that the taste is perfect, and it doesn’t taste too artificial. It does taste like pineapple as well as a mango/peach flavor. It also lasts for a long period of time. Often, she finds that gum with flavors (that aren’t within the mint family) only last a couple of minutes and then the gum becomes hard and flavorless. However, these did last for a decent amount of time. 

Extra Refreshers – Spearmint: This used to be my go-to gum when I would chew it every day. My mother also has the large container in all her bags. It lasts so long, and the consistency stays chewy for more than the average piece. Also, the container that these often come in make it easier to share which for her was a great thing because growing up she would have all of our children fingers rummaging through. The container made it easier for us to share it so we weren’t putting our fingers all over it. 

Samantha Wypych

Coastal Carolina '22

Samantha is a student at Coastal Carolina University where she is a contributor for HerCampus and is currently in the process of furthering her writing skills.