This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Skin and hair care are often neglected during the school years. Piles of homework and quick showers with cheap shampoo often leave hair feeling dry and lifeless. Stress can often cause breakouts and so can different climates. Mary-Kay’s skincare line is an option to allow skin care to become an easy daily routine. Garnier’s hair products allow you to take a couple extra minutes giving your hair some love. 

Mary Kay products: 

Purifying Cleanser: The consistency of this product is a very thin liquid. It resembles a cleansing milk because it does not foam when it mixes with water. The water does thin the consistency out more than when it comes out of the bottle. I would recommend using a generous amount because if you use too little, it feels as though you are not cleaning your skin well enough. Also, the product disappears quickly once it touches the skin, so using a generous amount would prevent that. The product smells very refreshing and light. It does not have a strong odor that comes with it. 

Exfoliating Powder: The one thing I could tell immediately from the powder was that it did smell like baby powder. I have never used an exfoliating powder before, and I would honestly say that I wouldn’t use it again. I followed the directions that are on the back of the bottle, and I wasn’t pleased with the result. The powder made my skin feel rough upon rinsing it off and it did sting a little.  

Nourishing Oil: The nourishing oil was by far my favorite product out of the Mary Kay line. It smells like essential oils like they would use at a spa. Also, it was not to oily or greasy. I did only use three drops because I did not want to over-use the product. I would highly recommend this product and I will be using it again. 

Moisturizing Stick: The product did not have a scent to it which I didn’t mind. However, I did have a couple of problems with this product. I tend to get bad acne when I use applicators that often touch my face. So, the fact that this was in stick form did make me uncomfortable. I ended up applying the product to the back of my (clean) hand and then applying it to my face. Also, it did not feel as though it was moisturizing my skin, rather it felt as though it was putting a layer of grease on my face. I do think however, that the main problem is the fact that it comes in a stick. I would be open to try to a product with the same ingredients in a cream form. 

Garnier Hair Products: 

Garnier Fructis Style- Shine + Hold Liquid Pomade: Even though this product is designed for men, it can be used on anyone. Halloween is coming up, so I was able to use this on my sister when doing her hair for an event. I didn’t use it on her whole head but where I did use it, the hair held nicely. I wouldn’t use this everyday only because my hair is a bit too long to use it, however I would say for people with short hair this product would be a perfect item to use every day.   

Garnier Whole Blends – Repairing Leave-In: I love the Garnier Whole Blends line. I’ve used almost every type and they all leave my hair feeling unbelievably soft. It is crucial for me to use leave in conditioners because I bleach my hair monthly. This product leaves my hair feeling as though it has never been touched by salon products. Also, it smells like honey which is a great bonus! 

Samantha Wypych

Coastal Carolina '22

Samantha is a student at Coastal Carolina University where she is a contributor for HerCampus and is currently in the process of furthering her writing skills.