alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 reasons Hannah B is going to be a Great Bachelorette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

On March 12, 2019, the 23rd season of The Bachelor ended with the very anticipated announcement of who our new bachelorette will be, Hannah B! Hannah Brown, AKA Hannah Beast, is a quirky former pageant queen who is ready to find the love of her life as the 15th bachelorette of The Bachelor franchise.

While many have said that Brown will not be the amazing bachelorette the franchise claims she will be, there are many reasons for why she will be.

She’s authentic and not afraid to be herself.

Even in her intro package, she referred to herself as the quote, “hot-mess express.” As strange as this phrase may sound, I am sure most of us feel like a hot mess at times. So, to be able to see a girl who is beautiful and honest about who she is is incredible for young women to see on television.

Her goofiness is incredibly refreshing.

The silly faces, funny one-liners, need we say more? This girl is basically the quirky but pretty girl that you would love to hang out with. Who wouldn’t want to watch her?

She is relatable and super down to earth.

On the Women Tell All, Brown opened up about some of her insecurities she had growing up and even struggles she had as a young girl in the pageant world. While not all of us are former pageant queens, we have all dealt with insecurities. This shows is able to show women watching that even if you feel insecure at times, you can still overcome those insecurities and find love!

She’s serious about wanting to be married and engaged at the end of the season.

Brown has made it very clear that she is ready to be married at this point in her life. On her recent appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show, she said she wants “A good human, good heart, kind, strong. But ultimately, I want at the end of this to know that they know me, and know every part of me.” So you know she is serious about getting more than just a pretty ring at the end of this. 

She’s not here to play but also down to have a good time. 

While she has definitely made it clear that she is serious about finding a husband, Brown is also ready to have fun and make the most of her time as the bachelorette! So, if anyone is here for the “right reasons” it is her!

Olivia Burke

Coastal Carolina '19

Olivia Burke is a college student, freelance writer, and campus correspondent at Coastal Carolina University. She has written about everything from Valentine's Day to political candidates. When she isn't studying or working on a new article, she is either eating fresh hibachi or catching up on This Is Us on Hulu.