This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Cozy Sweaters, Cool Weather & Scary Terror – this is the season for “falling” even more in love.

1. Fair/Fall Carnival

‘Tis the season for celebrations of each sort. Stew cook-offs, cool-weather specialty fairs, Oktoberfests and state and province fairs flourish. Showoff your basketball skills from high school and win your partner that teddy bear while they stuffs their face with a funnel cake!

2.  Football Games

Cheering on your favorite local high school and/or college team during a cool evening is one way to tap into the fall spirit with your sweetie.

3. Haunted House

Get into the Halloween spirit and visit a haunted house. Using your partner as a shield from anything scary just doesn’t get any better than that!

4. Corn Maze

Visiting a corn maze taps into a more adventurous side of your relationship. What better way to gain more trust in your partner if you’re not willing to get lost with them?

5. Homecoming Festivities

Seeing old faces on your old stomping grounds brings back a sense of nostalgia. Enjoying this atmosphere with your partner allows you to appreciate and value your alma mater.

6. Have a Picnic in a Park

Pack some warm blankets, tons of snacks, and your sweetie to enjoy a cool lazy day in the park.

7. Baking Fall Treats

Did someone say sweet tooth? Baking cookies and pies is a great way to tap into the flavors of fall. Making fall desserts while making memories with your partner just doesn’t get much sweeter than that!

8. Carve pumpkins

Carving pumpkins with your spouse is a great way to spend quality one-on-one time while having fun and it also reveals a more creative and unique side to your spouse.

9. Binge watching scary movies

What’s better than enjoying a night in snuggled up with your partner while being scared out of your mind? Being vulnerable about your personal fears allows possible growth within your relationship.

10. Having a bonfire with friends

Snuggled up by the fire on a nice night with friends allows for genuine bonding and fun to take place. Add in s’mores and you’re all set!

Deja Backman

Coastal Carolina '20

Deja Backman is a Sports Communication, Journalism minor from Charleston, SC. She's a music lover, sports fanatic, foodie, fashionista, and travel pal all in one.