This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.
  1. Chips: Everyone likes chips. I typically go for the variety pack of the small bags of chips, rather than one large bag. But if there is only one or two chips that you like, then the big bags might be more ideal!

2. Pretzels: Preferably chocolate covered. Chocolate covered pretzels are a great salty yet sweet snack, perfect for that time of the month. Plus, they’re easy to throw into a Ziploc bag for an on the go option.

3. Fruit: Strawberries, bananas, apples, etc. Depending if you have a fridge or not, get fruits that will stay fresh in or outside of a fridge. I typically stock up on berries, plums, bananas, and apples, but having any fruit as a snack is a healthy alternative to processed foods. 

4. Granola bars: So many options here. Whether you prefer fruity, chocolatey, or plain you’re bound to find your ideal granola bar, which can serve as an on the go snack but also for a quick breakfast for those running late days. Don’t be afraid to switch up what kind you buy weekly, it keeps things more interesting! 

5. Hot chocolate: Microwave needed. However, hot chocolate is a great comfort drink and will be a great alternative to coffee for those staying in, watching Netflix type of nights. 

6. Popcorn: You can’t go wrong with popcorn. Although the microwavable popcorn is some of my favorite, if you don’t have a microwave, bagged options are also amazing for movie nights. Kettle corn, extra butter, or plain, popcorn is always an easy snack to have on hand. 

7. Cereal: Again, so many options. Can be eaten dry for an on the go option, or if time permits a bowl of cereal is a great breakfast that will keep you full for hours. 

8. Mac n cheese: This one is a classic. Microwavable mac n cheese is a solid meal for the staying in nights you don’t feel like having a full meal at the dining halls.

9. Ramen noodles: This one is along the same lines of mac n cheese. Ramen is one of the most well-known college student meals due to its price and convenience. An easy but warm and yummy dinner for lazy days.

10. Cupcakes: These are easy and delicious. Although I don’t recommend purchasing cupcakes weekly, don’t resist those cravings! Cupcakes are great to celebrate different occasions with your friends, or just to have for yourself when you need a fix for your sweet tooth.

Hollie Paquette

Coastal Carolina '23

I'm a psychology major at Coastal Carolina University!