Woodstock Music & Arts Festival Making a Comeback for its 50th Anniversary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

I honestly never thought this day would come, but now that it’s here I can hardly contain my excitement. The Woodstock Music & Arts Fair is making a comeback! Co-founder Michael Lang officially announced the revival of this iconic festival in celebration of its 50th anniversary. The event will be held at Watkins Glen, NY, only two hours away from the original location of the first festival. Sticking to the roots of the original Woodstock, the 50th anniversary festival will be a weekend-long event from August 15th to the 18th of 2019.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

The lineup has been confirmed, and I can already tell that this festival will be legendary. The lineup has a great mix of artists from almost every genre. A beautiful combination of old and new, the festival will have newer artists, such as Miley Cyrus and Chance the Rapper, as well as some of the artists who performed at the original festival in 1969. These include Dead & Company, a band formed by original Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Bill Kreutzmann; John Fogerty, founder of Creedence Clearwater Revival; David Crosby from the Byrds, CSN, and Jefferson Airplane; Santana; and John Sebastian from The Lovin’ Spoonful.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

And if you’re not a fanatic about 60’s rock, that’s totally okay! This festival will have something for everyone. Here’s the (almost) complete setlist for the event:

Day 1: The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Lumineers, The Raconteurs, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, John Fogerty, Run the Jewels, The Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers, Michael Franti & Spearhad, Bishop Briggs, Anderson East, Akon, Princess Nokia, John Sebastian, Melanie, Grandson, Fever 333, Dorothy, Flora Cash, Larkin Poe, Brian Cadd, Ninet Tayeb, and many more!

Day 2: Dead & Company, Chance the Rapper, Sturgill Simpson, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, David Crosby and Friends, Dawes, Margo Price, Nahko and Medicine for the People, India.Arie, Jade Bird, Country Joe McDonald, Rival Sons, Emily King, Soccer Mommy, Sir, Taylor Bennett, Amy Helm, Courtney Hadwin, Pearl, John-Robert, IAMDDB, and many more!

Day 3: Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Cage the Elephant, Brandi Carlile, Janelle Monae, Young the Giant, Courtney Barnett, Common, Vince Staples, Judah and the Lion, Earl Sweatshirt, Boygenius, Reignwolf, The Zombies, Canned Heat, Hot Tuna, Pussy Riot, Cherry Glazerr, Levin Kali, The Marcus King Band, Victory, Hollis Brown, John Craigie, Amigo the Devil, Liz Brasher, and many more!

Tickets go on sale April 22nd, so be sure to add it to your calendar!