Why You Should Watch the Netflix Show “Money Heist”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Over this past summer I went to Germany to visit my family. While I was there, my cousins introduced me to this amazing Netflix original series called Money Heist. The show is originally in Spanish, but the audio can easily be changed to English (or you can just put subtitles if you prefer). The show is about a group of people, each with a very different background, who agree to break into the Royal Mint of Spain to print billions of Euros. They each get nicknamed after a city to protect their identity: Tokyo, Moscow, Berlin, Nairobi, Rio, Denver, Helsinki, and Oslo. There’s a mastermind behind it all named el Professor who keeps in touch with the others to ensure that everything is carried out the way he has so meticulously planned it to. Throughout the whole heist, there are a series of events that occur, and the story unfolds in such a way that it just blows your mind after every episode.

As soon as my cousins showed me the first episode of Money Heist, I was completely hooked. When I came back home, I noticed that this show hasn’t really made a name for itself in the U.S. quite yet. However, I really think it deserves to be hyped about over here too! Here are a few reasons why you should add this series to your Netflix watch list:

1. It keeps you on your toes

One of the most important things about any tv show is that it never gets boring (obviously). The overall plot of this show is amazing, and the way it’s carried out always keeps you on your toes wanting more. Each episode reveals more to the story that helps you piece together the genius plan that el Professor has come up with. Another great thing about this show is that there’s truly something for everyone in it – from romance to action and suspense, everyone is bound to find something they love about it. 

2. The characters are cute AF

I don’t know about you, but when the main characters of a show are attractive, it just makes the whole show even more pleasing for me to watch. I can guarantee you you’ll be swooning over at least one of these characters by the time you’re through with the show. My personal favs are the Professor, Tokyo, and Rio. Apart from the characters being really attractive, they’re also well-rounded in their personalities, which makes them so much more relatable and enjoyable to watch.

3. There’s another season coming soon

Netflix has recently announced that there will be a third season to the show coming out in 2019. Until then, there are an entire two seasons you can watch to catch up! Trust me, once you watch the first episode, you’ll be binge watching the show in no time getting ready for the next season to be released. And if I haven’t managed to convince you quite yet, you can check out the trailer for the show here!