rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why the Three Weeks Before Finals are Actually More Stressful than Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Finals. It’s the word that creates terror in the very depths of your soul – that nauseating clench of your stomach.

And, yet, it’s never actually Finals Week that’s the problem.

It’s all of the stuff leading up to Finals Week that makes us so exhausted for our actual exams.

Why? Well, here’s a few reasons.

1. Your professors have to meet a test quota by the end of the semester and decide to wait until the last minute to do it. Yes, your professors procrastinate, too. Of course, this means that you’re stuck in the lib until 3 a.m. picking up their slack.. That you also waited until the last minute to do, too.

2. Your organization decides to do it’s Philanthropy Event/Formal/Big Thing on a day you were planning to spend doing all your work. Yeah… I think that one’s pretty much self explanatory.

3. You have group project meetings back to back and not enough study space to do it. Pro tip: reserve a study room at the library for the hours you & your project-mates want the room!

4.Your PLP/Honors stuff is due. While I don’t have the luxury of this, I’ve seen the stress it causes… And I know you’ve been just sooo busy that you haven’t been able to volunteer somewhere throughout the semester.

5. Your Dining Dollars and Captain’s Cash funds are so tiny you don’t know how you’re going to make it. Must. Have. Coffee!

6. You can see the finish line, but you’re not there yet. Three more weeks, people. Three more weeks.

Stay classy, Captains!

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps.