This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Have you ever wondered what colors look best on you or what kind of jewelry you should wear? Look no further, then, because you’re about to learn all the ways to find out if you’re cool toned, warm toned, or neutral! If you have no idea what I’m talking about, finding out which undertone your skin has can help you choose what colors and jewelry to wear. According to The List, if you are cool toned it is recommended to stick to colors such as blue, silver, lavender, gray, and rosy pink. If you are warm toned, you should stick to coral pink, off white, olive green, and caramel colors. And if you’re neutral you should mix some of the cool and warm toned colors. You’re also recommended to wear colors such as green, blue, red, and white. There are many ways to determine which undertone you have, and you can’t really rely on just one of them. It’s best if you try out a few of these to get a good idea of what colors you should wear!

1. Check Your Veins

Of course, the most common way is to check your veins! If you look at the veins on your inner wrist you will notice that they either have a very blue/purple tint, a green tint, or a subtle teal to them. It’s said that if your veins have a very blue tint to them you’re cool toned, if they’re greenish looking then you’re warm toned, and if you have teal colored veins you’re most likely neutral.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

2. How Do You Look In White?

According to adorebeauty.com, doing the “white test” is a great way to determine your undertone! If you notice that wearing pure white makes your complexion pop you are probably warm toned, but if you notice that it makes your skin look very dull and washed out you’re most likely cool toned and you’re better off wearing off-white clothing items. If you’re able to pull off both you probably have neutral undertones.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

3. Jewelry Test

Putting personal preference aside, try on a piece of silver and gold jewelry. Notice which item makes your skin glow and radiate more. If your skin glows more with silver jewelry you are most likely cool toned, and if your skin glows more with gold jewelry you are warm toned. If you notice that both silver and gold jewelry make your complexion glow, you probably have a neutral undertone.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

4. Sun Exposure

Another simple test is seeing how your skin reacts to sun exposure. If you notice your skin is always burning after a long day in the sun, you probably have a cool undertone. If you tan very easily in the sun then you probably have warm undertones. This is most likely the least reliable test, though, and shouldn’t be solely relied on.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash