This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello, my name is Adelaide, and I’m a flex vegan and barista at Starbucks. What exactly is a flex vegan, you may ask? Great question! Essentially, a flex vegan is someone who eats a primarily vegan diet, but doesn’t completely cut out non-vegan foods, such as dairy products and honey. For instance, I eat a vegan diet all week long, except for on Sundays when I eat ice cream and chocolate at my grandpa’s house.

Being a flex vegan is a great way to help the environment, save animals’ lives, and promote small businesses while still being able to enjoy the foods you love. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not promoting flex veganism over traditional veganism. Traditional veganism is an admirable lifestyle that helps the environment and animals more than nearly any other diet. However, traditional veganism isn’t feasible for everyone due to dietary, economic, and religious issues, which is where flex veganism comes in handy.

As a flex vegan, I’m always looking for new vegan foods to try out at the places I visit most. Since I’m a barista at Starbucks, I tend to eat quite a few meals there. Lucky for me (and for all other vegans!), Starbucks has recently been vamping up their vegan menu, adding new food and drink options periodically.

In this article, you’ll find a list of Starbucks’ food and drink options that are already vegan. Nearly any Starbucks drink can be made vegan by making it with non-dairy milk and omitting the whipped cream. Because that makes for so. many. options, I’ll be sharing only food and beverages that are vegan as-is.

Food:

Multigrain Bagel

Cinnamon Raisin Bagel

Plain Bagel

Blueberry Bagel (available in select stores)

Classic Oatmeal

Blueberry Oatmeal

Macadamia Oat Cookie

Drinks:

Brewed Coffee

Americano

Iced Coffee

Cold Brew

Hazelnut Mocha Coconutmilk Macchiato

Pink Drink

Violet Drink

Strawberry Acai Refresher (with or without lemonade)

Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher (with or without lemonade)

Mango Dragonfruit Refresher (with or without lemonade)

Matcha Lemonade

Lemonade

Blended Strawberry Lemonade

Almond Protein Blended Cold Brew

Cacao Protein Blended Cold Brew

We hope you love what we recommend! Whether you opt for something cool or hot, sweet or salty, doughy or crispy, enjoy your vegan Starbucks experience!

Adelaide is a senior at CNU pursuing a BA in English w/ an emphasis in writing. After graduation, she plans to become an Editorial Assistant in Manhattan. In her free time, Adelaide loves reading books, playing with her two wonderful cats, and spending time with her grandpa.