Valentine’s Day for the Single Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a lonely, lame day for us single women. Here are a few things you can do on the day of love when there’s no significant other to give your affections to.

Go Out with your other single ladies

Single doesn’t mean be alone, darling. Find your other singles friends and make the most of the day. There are so many activities you and friends can do to keep each other company.

Go to the movies

Movies are a great way to pass the time single and with friends on the day of love. I personally recommend watching anything but a romance film, but whatever makes you happy is the best choice. Even if you and your friends don’t feel like going out, a movie night at home is a fun option to spend Valentine’s Day.

Host a game night

Get the girls and play some games! There are plenty game options the whole gang can play. For the Girls card game, Head Ups, Pictionary, Jenga, or even a classic Truth or Dare. Anytime is a fantastic time for a game night with the gals!

Buy Yourself flowers

Miley said it best, but you can definitely buy yourself some flowers and take yourself dancing. Pick the prettiest bouquet you can find and treat yourself. While you’re at it, add chocolates and stuffed animals to your list for love day.

Do some art and express yourself

Believe it or not, art is one of the best ways to express yourself. To Her Campus, anything is art. Whether it’s painting, doing makeup, making a collage, or just simply redecorating your bedroom. Do some self-love and express yourself!

Baking/Cooking Night

Sometimes making your own sweets is the best option if you don’t have that special sweetheart at the moment. Bake heart-shaped cookies or a pie full of love. If you don’t want to follow a perfect recipe, cooking is a great idea that gives you more freedom to do your own thing. If you are no Top Chef, sometimes just whipping up a nice drink or a smoothie is an easy and still enjoyable way to go!

Go to build-a-bear

I had to do some research for this one, but Build-A-Bears still exist. If someone won’t buy you one, make your own! Make the cutest little friend you can imagine. You’ll love it more since it came from your own heart.

tailgate captions?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Photo By Kampus Productions from Pexels

There’s plenty of things to do for yourself on Valentine’s Day. You don’t need a boo to enjoy the day of love. The first person you should love always is you!

CNU Freshman Class of 2026 Major: Cellular, Molecular, & Physiological Biology Minor: Leadership PLP & MAPS Loves writing, traveling, and being a goofball 🫶🏾