Trying Social Media Recipes: Gigi Hadid Pasta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. Since covid happened, there have been recipes popping up left and right that have gone viral. So today, I am starting a series on reviewing social media recipes. I have tried my fair share and a lot of them are good, excellent even, but some are just bad. For today’s post, I am going to be reviewing the Gigi Hadid pasta.

Recipe: Gigi Hadid Pasta

*this recipe is for two servings, if you want to make more just double it appropriately 

Step 1: In a large saucepan, heat 1⁄4 cup of olive oil. Add diced small clove of garlic & ¼ shallot. Cook till soft

Step 2: Add ¼ cup tomato paste, cook til darker/ a bit caramelized. 

Step 3: Add ½ cup heavy cream and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes

Step 4: Keep stirring until combined, then season with salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat and cook the pasta of your choice. Remember to save ¼ cup of pasta water

Step 5: Add cooked pasta, ¼ cup pasta water and 1 tablespoon of butter to sauce pan 

Step 6:Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is saucy 

Step 7: Add ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and stir.

Step 8: Serve topped with more parmesan cheese and chopped basil 

Review

Okay, so I didn’t exactly follow this to a perfect T. I didn’t measure the olive oil because ¼ cup seems like a lot so I just used how much I think should be there. Next, I used minced garlic instead of getting a garlic clove from the store and I used a regular yellow onion, which I also did not measure. A tip would be to have all your ingredients out because the recipe moves pretty quickly. Second tip, follow the 1 teaspoon rule for the red pepper flakes. I like hot things so my first time making this I added 1 teaspoon then added a sprinkle here and there. Let me tell you: it was hot, not enough that I couldn’t eat it, but I needed a small glass of milk. I do not add the pasta to the pan. I get a mixing bowl and let my pasta cool in there. Once I added the butter and parmesan cheese (also did not measure, just added till I felt it was good) and the sauce was saucy, I poured the sauce over the pasta in the bowl and mixed it together. Oh, chickpea pasta is also good with this sauce, if you are a fan of chickpea pasta.

Overall, this pasta is really good and easy to make. Simple, yet delicious. I give it 4.5 out 5 because once the pasta sits for a couple of days, the sauce kind of disappears if that makes sense. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, until next time.

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.