Tips for Staying Organized During Online Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

School has started for many of us in this pandemic world, except it looks way different than it did in the Spring. For many of us, our classes are fully online, with no intention of going in-person. If you’re like me, you have no idea how to organize all of your classes with online classes and in-person classes. Luckily, I’ve had some ideas of the best ways to stay organized during online classes in the middle of a pandemic.

Identifying A Study Space

Finding somewhere to study is important but especially in an online class setting. If you’re stuck in your room, it can be difficult to be motivated to do your work or to study. Finding a place to study and do your work can be really beneficial as it can be a new space to get reacquainted with your material.

Communicate with Your Professors Early

Connecting with your professors is very important and can not only be beneficial over the course of the semester but over the course of your college career. Email your professors about any questions you have as the semester progresses or about the syllabus before the semester truly begins.

Connecting with Your Support System

Connecting with your support system is incredibly important. In online classes, it can be difficult to make friends and it’s easy to feel lonely. Communicating with your support system – whether it be friends or family is vital to success in an online world.

I hope these tips help! Online classes can be a drag but hopefully, with these organizational tips, online classes don’t have to be such a drag.

Hello, my name is Isabella and I am a 22-year-old senior. I'm a psychology major and women & gender studies and writing minor. I have an intense love for cats, social justice, feminism, and fandom life [name a fandom, I'm probably in it]. I'm a huge book nerd as well as a huge just, regular, nerd. You can find me sitting in my bed typing an article, procrastinating homework, or watching YouTube.