Wellness

Three Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day When You’re Single!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

It’s Valentine’s Day – all of your friends who are coupled up are spending time with their significant others while you’re at home, single. What’s a person to do? Lucky for you, I have three plans for you to make so you don’t feel completely alone on Valentine’s Day.

Treat Yourself

Whether it’s taking a bath, doing a face mask, or simply taking a nap – do an activity that puts your wants and needs first. Be zen in the world and just be comfortable with yourself. You are important and deserve 100% to feel valued and loved.  

Hang Out With Friends

If your friends aren’t busy, hang out with them! Go out and be with people, whether you all stay in and play board games and hang out or if you go out for a night on the town. Either way, hanging out with people who love and care about you is a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

Do A No Romcoms Movie Marathon 

This is a pretty simple one – either with friends or by yourself, snuggle in some blankets and put on Netflix. Make sure to choose the least romantic movie you can and make some popcorn and have a movie marathon. It’s a great form of distraction and there’s no focus on romance, which, bonus!

I hope you enjoy your Valentine’s Day no matter what your relationship status and if it’s single, I hope these tips help you enjoy it!

Hello, my name is Isabella and I am a 22-year-old senior. I'm a psychology major and women & gender studies and writing minor. I have an intense love for cats, social justice, feminism, and fandom life [name a fandom, I'm probably in it]. I'm a huge book nerd as well as a huge just, regular, nerd. You can find me sitting in my bed typing an article, procrastinating homework, or watching YouTube.