This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

There is nothing better than cuddling up under your favorite blanket with a sweet treat and binging a good show. If you love teen romance, comedy, or even gore, here is a list of must watch shows:

Teen wolf

This series has 6 seasons with 11-12 episodes per season lasting 45 minutes. A group of teenagers in Beacon Hills California try to manage school, sports, social life, and the supernatural. Chaos hits when the main character, Scott McCall, a newly turned werewolf, falls in love with Allison Argent. It doesn’t take long before he discovers the truth that her family are hunters: werewolf hunters. As the show progresses, new enemies, monsters, and challenges arise. Who will transform into an unearthly creature? Who will fall in love, or out of love? You don’t want to miss all the drama this fall!

Scream Queens

Scream Queens has two very melodramatic and unrealistic seasons. Although impractical, it is completely captivating. The first season is set on a college campus when a sorority is targeted by a killer, who is in disguise of their school mascot. However, that doesn’t stop Chanel Oberlin, the sorority president, from continuing Kappa Kappa Tau’s events, even Chanel-o-ween. The second season features Chanel, Chanel 3, and Chanel 5 as fake medical students for Dean Munsch’s hospital. Little do they know that a mass murder happened there several years before, and the killer will return to avenge old and new deaths.

American horror story

American Horror Story has 12 seasons, each with a different theme. Some are slightly more disturbing than others, but my personal favorites are Murder House and Coven, both perfect for Halloween. Every season has 9-12 rather long episodes. You can bounce between seasons without missing anything, getting all of the thrill! Hulu is hosting a four episode series of AHS with ominous stories. The Halloween episodes are “Bestie“, “Daphne“, “Tapeworm“, and “Organ“, which will be released on October 26th.

Sabrina the teenage witch

There are two different versions of this show, “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” which came out 1996, considered a sitcom and “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” from 2018, in the mystery genre. The 2018 series has four seasons featuring Sabrina, a young witch who refuses to sign over her soul to Satan. She wants to live a double life between the witch academy and her mortal high school with her lover and friends. Sabrina soon finds out balancing both lives has its consequences. Between learning how to be a witch, a regular teenage girl, pleasing her family and keeping her friends safe, she is still full of energy and very fashionable! This may be one of my all-time favorite shows!

Stranger things

StrangerThings StrangerThings4 1 00 46 05 03?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022

This fan-favorite has 4 seasons with a possible 5th season. If you are late jumping on the bandwagon, this is a show you don’t want to miss. The star, Millie Bobby Brown, as Eleven, who escapes a facility that tests abnormal children with strange powers. When she finds a group of boys her age, keeping her a secret from the public is demanding. Another realm is opening, she is being chased, and monsters are being released. If you want all the heebie jeebies, fall is ideal time to check Stranger Things out!

Black mirror

This series has 6 seasons, similar to AHS, where each episode is a different story. Some are heartfelt, about falling in love, others are absolutely terrifying with murderous doctors. Each episode has a description, and can be watched in any season, but I suggest October. The only reoccurring theme is within the name, which represents a blank screen. A phone, computer, or tablet looks like a “black mirror” when turned off. Whether you decide to watch it this spooky season or another time, it definitely changes your mindset.

Natalea (she/her) is majoring in English with a concentration in writing. As well as planning to minor in photography. Her favorite things are reading, meditation, traveling, journaling & watching new movies/tv shows.