Spring Break: Paris Geller Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

(P. S. May contain spoilers. Please don’t continue reading if you haven’t made it to season 4.)

If you don’t know who I’m talking about, shame on you. Because she’ll hunt you down and make you wish you had never heard of her name. Out of all the characters in Gilmore girls, she has probably racked up the biggest amount of restraining orders than all of the characters combined. To make things even better, she’s perfect girl Rory’s roommate.

During their freshman year at Yale, Paris has the bright idea of dragging Rory to Florida for an exciting, stereotypical, booze-filled spring break (while dating a really old professor, might I add). The time they had was weird, but highly entertaining for the broke and stressed college student who is exactly the same age! Here are some of her tips:

1. Tip as you go.

That way, the employees can’t see the “end to your money pot.” As a bonus, give $5 to a non-worker and get flustered when your root beer is unreturned.

2. Never lay down a towel in the sand.

You are much more sophisticated than those other bikini-clad bimbos. Plus, you can totally afford the worker boys to fetch you a table with the magical money in your pocket.

3. Cover yourself.

Being pale means avoiding any sun exposure at all costs.

Also, keeps those whippersnappers away from your hot body, which clearly belongs to someone else, poolboy! Being flustered when your friends point out a missing spot is an added bonus.

4. Pick a night to pig out on pizza and chips, and watch a really boring movie.

Try to stay away from the partying outside your window as long as possible.

5. Kiss your roommate at a party because you’re tired of everyone having more fun than you.

Make a big scene. Ask her how it was over and over again, specifically if you opened up enough.

5. Let your two friends from high school get you and Rory very, very drunk.

Go out to the beach and sit there until it stops spinning. Then, go back to school the next day. That was too much for a proper but mouthy gal like you. :)

My name is Danielle (Danni for short), and I am a transfer student here at ODU! Before I came here I wrote for Her Campus at CNU, and I was studying Computer Engineering of all things! I'm majoring in Graphic Design now, and minoring in Spanish. I also work as a delivery driver at Domino's. Besides writing I also enjoy photography, cooking, and dyeing my hair dark red!