This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

As an avid horror movie hater, I have come to notice that there is an incredibly narrow margin of Halloween movies that are truly enjoyable for us who hate being scared. However, over the years I have established a list of incredible non-scary go-to Halloween movies. So get cozy, log in to Netflix, Disney+, or Hulu, and get ready for a Halloween movie marathon specifically curated for horror movie haters.

Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus is a classic childhood Halloween movie. The movie follows the story of three witches, who also happen to be sisters, and all the trouble they get into. Hocus Pocus has just enough going on to keep it fun and interesting without being scary. Defintely a safe bet if you want a non-spooky movie, that still has all the Halloween vibes. A sequel, Hocus Pocus 2 recently followed it up, and both movies can be watched on Disney+.

SPOOKLeY THE SQUARE PUMPKIN

Spookley the Square Pumpkin, juvenile as it is, is an ultimate comfort movie. It’s the story of a pumpkin named Spookley who looks different from all of the other pumpkins and his journey to becoming more self-confident. So honestly, it’s a super relatable and adorable cartoon, and you totally don’t have to worry about anything too scary happening, unless you are someone who finds self-love spooky. Spookley the Square Pumpkin can be watched on Netflix.

Twitches

Twitches is again another sister-witch movie, but this time the sister-witches are twins who were separated at birth. The movie covers the sisters’ reunion and their journey to both understand their magic and find their family. The twins, Alex and Cam, are played by Tia and Tamera, which is an even bigger bonus. To be completely honest, this movie did give me nightmares as a small child, but in comparison, it’s definitely not a scary movie. Twitches and its sequel, Twitches Too, can both be found on Disney+.

Halloweentown

Halloweentown follows the story of a family of witches and the fictional town they inhabit. There are four Halloweentown movies, but I personally choose to believe that there are only three because they made a major casting change for the fourth one that honestly ruined it for me, but I’ll let you judge that on your own. They can all be watched on Disney+.

Hotel Transylvania

Hotel Transylvania is a fictional hotel where all of the classic childhood monsters reside to protect themselves from humans. Its a super cute cartoon with lots of fun characters, and its really easy to sit and watch. There are four Hotel Transylvania movies, all of them perfect for a Halloween movie night without the scares. All of the Hotel Transylvania movies can be found on Hulu.

Brynne is a current Freshman at Christopher Newport University. She enjoys trips to Barnes & Noble and is totally open to debate who the superior member of One Direction is!