This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

So I’m back with some song and band recommendations and yes, some of them are mainstream and gaining hype right now. They truly deserve it!

“Light My Love,” “Heat Above,” and “Age of Man” by Greta Van Fleet: are these blowing up all over the internet right now? Yes. Why? Just yes. Just bloody listen.

“Qui es-tu? by Poom: do I have any idea of what’s being said in this song? no. does it matter? also no. The vibes are immaculate.

“Something About You” by Eyedress, Dent May: vibes are also immaculate, reminds me a bit of a french groovy band also.

“Mantienti il bavio” by Michele Bravi: do not listen to unless sad.

“Moon” and “Ultralight Beam” by Kanye West: I do not like Kayne West and had I not heard Harry Style’s cover, I would not enjoy this song as much as I do.

“You Don’t Even Know Me- Stripped” by Faouzia: this woman is a goddess and has such a powerful, alluring voice.

MAMMAMIA” by Maneskin: I cannot get enough of this band. Like truly, I think they are my favorite artists. And the band themselves, anyone else sweating??

“Give It Up” by The Beaches: the vibe is also immaculate

Algo Contigo” by Rita Payes, Elizabeth Roman: this song is honestly one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard. Has it been playing non-stop on my phone along with “Light My Love” and MAMMAMIA?” Umm, maybe hehe.

“Moved” by LACES: also very sad but like a good feeling of sadness. Anyone else feel??

“Le Parole Lontane” and “Coraline” by Maneskin: probably my two favorites and honestly, there is nothing like them or this band. They radiate godly power and I’m obsessed.

“Take Me Where Your Heart Is” by Q: very groovy, very fun, will be downloading the whole album.

“Sin (DEMO)” by Labrinth: honestly is there anything Labrinth can’t do?

“The Hardest Part” by Olivia Dean: this woman has TALENT! so bloody groovy and honest.

“Catch Me If You Can” By King Flexx: just yes.

“Skeleton Key” by Love Inks: very gothic and indie, but so dope!

“Honeypie” by JAWNY: I hate dancing, but to this, hell yes. Just scream it in your shower cause it deserves the hype.

“G.U.Y.,” “Poker Face,” and “Alejandro” by Lady Gaga: have I returned to listening to music I love at age 13 and no clue what the lyrics likely meant? yes. Did I rewatch Percy Jackson too because of “Poker Face?” maybe…

“My World” by Kid Cudi: because Kid Cudi is life.

“There Is a Light That Never Goes Out” by The Smiths: like The Beatles and Elliot Smith, look no further.

“Downtown” by Petula Clark: thanks Anya Taylor-Joy

“Rude Boy” and “Sex With Me” and by Rihanna: cause Rihanna

“I Get Around” by Dragonette: thanks Vampire Diaries phase and to a fantastic music supervisor for that show

“White Rabbit” by Haley Reinhart: literally one of the best covers of a song

Tamino: this is single and can’t decide between anything because I absolutely adore this man and his music. Probably my favorite solo artist

Hey all! My name is Monica and I'm currently a senior at CNU dual majoring in History and English Literature. Most likely you're going to catch me on campus stressed, binging House or Criminal Minds or hanging out with my roommates and watching horrible movies, fixing family dinners, and wasting all my money at Barnes and Noble.