This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Just a list of some of my favorite songs and albums for when I’m in the feels. 

Artists 

Some classics and what I’ve lately been into: 

FKA Twigs is the most underrated and yet brilliant artist of our time. Her album Magdalene is beyond breathtaking and she can do no wrong. PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN. “Hide,” “Two Weeks,” and “Pendulum” are also worth a listen.

Kid Cudi can also do no wrong in my book. His albums Man on the Moon: The End of Day and Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager are brilliant, emotional, hyper and I cannot and will not stop listening to them. 

Harry Styles and yes I am aware I’m a basic b*tch but Fine Line is truly a fantastic and emotional rollercoaster in the best way imaginable. Personal favorites have to be “Adore You,” “Lights Up,” “Canyon Moon” and “Fine Line.”

Fleetwood Mac and let’s be real here; everything Fleetwood Mac has made is probably great. I grew up with Stevie Nicks and her music has never let me down. “Little Lies,” “Tango in the Night,” “Caroline,” “Big Love,” “Everywhere,” and “Seven Wonders” got me in the feels though. 

Shy Girls I discovered in high school. No words. Head over and listen to 4wz, Timeshare and my favorite album, Salt. “Watercolor Dreams,” “Trivial Motion” and “Arrest Me” are where I’m always at. 

Labrinth for me became a favorite after the show Euphoria came out. 

London Grammar‘s album If You Wait is something we all need in our lives especially songs like “Wasting My Young Years,” “Hey Now” and “Sights.”

Sufjan Stevens is an artist ahead of his time. “Fourth of July,” “John My Beloved,” “Wallowa Lake Monster” and “Visions of Gideon” are always on repeat on my phone. 

Elliot Smith will always have a special place in my heart. Arguably, one could say he’s very similar sounding to The Beatles with some of his music, specifically “Between the Bars.” 

Bastille whom I personally love and think are extremely underrated. All This Bad Blood is a classic album but “Oblivion” and “Things We Lost In The Fire” will always have a piece of my heart. 

Bear’s Den is a great band to also listen to. Their album Red Earth & Pouring Rain is probably my go-to with songs like “Fortress” and “Gabriel.”

Florence and the Machine, like Fleetwood Mac and FKA Twigs, can do wrong but ever since that episode in Vampire Diaries Season 3 when “Never Let Me Go” played, I cannot help but listen to it more often than I should.

Tom Odell will undoublty suit your mood especially his album Long Way Down. 

Songs 

“To Die For” by Sam Smith

“Rain” and “River” by Ben Platt

“Factor In” by Kevin Garrett

“Fallingwater” by Maggie Rogers 

“Happiness is a butterfly” by Lana Del Ray

“Look After Me” by Cub Sport

“Look What You’re Doing to Me” by Banks

“Cain” by EXES

“Mermaid” by Skott

“Les feuilles mortes” by Yves Montand

“Bird” by Billie Marten 

“She Burns” by Foy Vance

“It Ain’t Me Babe” by Bob Dylan 

“Wide Eyed” by Billy Lockett 

“Half a Man” by Dean Lewis 

“Yesterday” by The Beatles 

“Anchor” by Novo Amor

“Pale Blue Eyes” by The Velvet Underground

“1944” by Jamala

“Sabinal” by Jake Houlsby

“Puppets (Succession Remix)” by Pusha T, Nicholas Britell

“Nothing But You” by Bob Moses

“A Drop in the Ocean” by Ron Pope

“Fake Plastic Trees” by Radiohead

“Giving Me Life” and “We Belong Together” by Mariah Carey 

“With You in the Morning” by Carl Storm

“Dreams (2am)” by Kye Kye

“I Don’t Want To Cry” by Chuck Jackson 

“I Walk the Line” by Johnny Cash

“The Parts” by Manchester Orchestra

“Volcano” by Damien Rice

“This Is Us Colliding” by Talos

“Goldberg Variations, BWV 988: Aria” by Johann Sebastian Bach

“Le Jardin Féerique from Ma Mère L’oye” by Valéria Szervánszky and Ronald Cavaye 

“The Night We Met” and “When the Night is Over” by Lord Hurton

“Apocalypse” by Cigarettes After Sex

“Ballade in C# Minor: Coronation” by Nicholas Britell

“Blackout” and “Lost Without You” by Freya Ridings

I’ve already listed too many and probably forgot my absolute favorites, but comment if you too like any of these songs or are in the need for some more ‘in the feels’ music!!

Hey all! My name is Monica and I'm currently a senior at CNU dual majoring in History and English Literature. Most likely you're going to catch me on campus stressed, binging House or Criminal Minds or hanging out with my roommates and watching horrible movies, fixing family dinners, and wasting all my money at Barnes and Noble.