This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

It is now six weeks into my senior year of college, and I am stumped. How did I get here? What am I doing? What is going on? That last one seems to be the most prevalent question. Literally, half the time I have not a clue what is happening because I am so busy with class, extracurriculars, work, the occasional social event, freaking out about post-grad, and also squeezing in time for sleep, food, and the essential Netflix. I have so much to do, and so little motivation and even less time to do it all. Meanwhile, the existential crisis that is always in the back of my mind refuses to cease, as the ever-pressing question of what the heck is my purpose in life keeps playing on repeat. Freshman year literally feels like last week, and I have no idea where three years has gone. Junior year kicked my behind, and as if four months of summer wasn’t enough, all I want to do is hibernate. So, let’s talk about life in the best way I know how, GIFs. Some stages or something. 

1. Trying to balance class, homework, relationships, clubs, sleep, work, etc. while trying to retain some semlance of sanity.

2. Fighting the urge to stay in bed all day and watch Netflix.

3. Actually going to do homework but ending up staring off into space.

4. Thinking “when is graduation” everytime there is a big assignment. 

5. Procrastinating a little too hard and then scrambling to do work. 

6. Saying “remember when” to freshman year, and then realizing that was three whole years ago.

7. Going to special events and realizing that it is the last one. 

8. When something is happening in 2017 and realizing that is the year you graduate.

9. Getting hype for senior week and graduation itself.

10. Thinking about graduation and real life things.

11. Seeing people getting engaged, getting married, and having children while I think about how many pets I want when I get my own place. 

12. Trying to get through graduate school applications and preparations. 

13. Remembering all the good times.

14. Loving this school and all the wonderful things it has given me. 

No part of life is all sunshines and rainbows, and that is definitely true about my college experience thus far. While I am a senior and this is my last year at this school, there are still seven months where anything can happen, so I need to make the most of it.  The mixture of emotions that I am feeling right now and will continue to feel exponentially until graduation can be overwhelming at times, and the lack of motivation can be difficult to overcome, but there is still so much that I can get out of this last year. As the wise Gandalf said, “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us,” and that couldn’t be more true as a senior and for the rest of our lives. I guess the point is, don’t let the tests and papers and lack of motivation during this last year get you down because there are still so many amazing things you can accomplish in the time we have left. And soon we will be, as they say, “Captains for Life.”

Sadie is a senior at Christopher Newport University with a major in Communication Studies and a double minor in English Literature and Theatre. Sadie is the Social Media Director and Instagram Admin. of the CNU chapter of HerCampus, the Vice President of Take Note a Cappella, the Treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity, and Secretary of Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honor Society. Sadie enjoys singing, justice, Harry Potter, Netflix, rhetoric, hanging out with her Squad at home and her Clique at school, Mexican Food, and a good GIF.