This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Makeup. People can wear makeup for hundreds of reasons, but the main reason I come across is that “I want to.” We are in the stage of life where makeup is not for your boyfriend, girlfriend, etc. Makeup is for you because you love it and because it is honestly so fun to play with. Two of the most popular makeup stores are Sephora and Ulta. Sephora has luxury brands while Ulta has both luxury brands and drug-store brands. Both are good options and offer anything you could ever dream of. Here is a list of my favorite products from both stores.

Sephora

First Aid Beauty “Hello FAB Triple Protection Skin Tint with Goji Berry SPF 30”

I got the shade ‘light,’ and this is such an amazing formula. Be careful with how much you apply because little goes a long way. Also, the packaging and bottle are so cute. I would also recommend “Hello FAB Vital Greens Face Mist Refresh & Reset” because it smells like spinach and everything that is green, and it is a good face spray.

Belif “The True Cream Aqua Bomb”

The store clerk said it changes your life, and let me tell you, this changes your life. This is the best luxury moisturizer. It smells delicious and just melts right into your skin. It leaves a tight feeling on your face, but it’s a good feeling.

Benefit Cosmetics “Hoola Matte Bronzer”

Ok, I got the mini because I honestly did not know what bronzer was. Since then, I have grown and matured with my makeup. The Hoola bronzer can be used both as a powdered contour and as eyeshadow. This is a tip from Kendall Jenner, and it is a great tip. It looks great on brown eyes.

NARS “Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil”

The shade I got was Bahama; it’s a pink brown, and I’m in love with it. It’s such a good fall color, and it’s so smooth and soft.

Sephora Collection Eye Mask

All of these masks are good, and they’re a cheaper option to other brand names.

Ulta

Smashbox “Photo Finish Foundation Primer”

Forget all the primers you think you love and swear by. Smashbox photo finish primer is the BEST. I’ve wanted to try this for so long but I never wanted to spend thirty-six dollars when I could just go to Walmart and get an ELF primer. However, this is a top notch primer, and I am happy with my purchase.

Anastasia Beverly Hills “Sun Dipped Glow Kit”

Isn’t everything by Anastasia a blessing in disguise?

Tarte “Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Matte Foundation”

Gorgeous. That’s all I’ve got to say now that they have more appropriate shades. Also, I love applicators like this; they just make me smile every time. Tip: to go with the foundation, get the shape tape concealer. You’ll have a good match.

These are just some of my favorite makeup products from Ulta and Sephora. What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments below.

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.