Motivational Songs to Listen to While Preparing for Finals Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Finals week is just around the corner, and what better way to motivate yourself than by listening to some inspirational music? I know that whenever I’m stressed, I automatically pull my headphones out and give myself some well-needed time to recuperate my thoughts. Self-love is important, ladies, especially during the week before finals (and, of course, finals week itself). When we’re running on loads of caffeine and on the brink of a mental breakdown (trust me, we’ve all been there), sometimes the best thing to do is just breathe and give yourself a little break. So, plug in those headphones, sit back, and enjoy this small motivational playlist to get you ready for finals week!

“Float On” by Modest Mouse

“And we’ll all float on alright. Already, we’ll all float on alright. Don’t worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we’ll all float on alright.”

“Feeling Good” by Muse (cover)

“Stars when you shine, you know how I feel. Scent of the pine, you know how I feel. Oh freedom is mine, and you know how I feel. It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me. And I’m feeling good.”

“Give Yourself a Try” by The 1975

“The only apparatus required for happiness is your pain and f*cking going outside…so just give yourself a try, won’t you give yourself a try?”

“Adventure of a Lifetime” by Coldplay

“Everything you want’s a dream away. Under this pressure, under this weight we are diamonds taking shape.”

“Migraine” by Twenty One Pilots

“And I will say that we should take a day to break away from all the pain our brain has made, the game is not played alone. And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone.”

“Turn it Around” by The Head and the Heart

“Stand proud, stand strong, and allow the love and help that comes along. You know the richest man didn’t build his house alone…You can turn it around, turn it around. There’s nobody blocking your way, taking you down. And if you think that you’re lost, you can follow the bridges you’ve crossed, and then you’ll be found.”

“I’m Good” by The Mowgli’s

“Trying to figure out who I am or who I’m supposed to be. Feel good about where I stand so I can make the most of me… I’m good, I’m good, I’m good, I’m good. Living life just like I should, wouldn’t change it if I could. I’m good, I’m good, I’m good.”

“Something Good Can Work” by Two Door Cinema Club

“Let’s make this happen, girl. We’re gonna show the world that something good can work, and it can work for you, and you know that it will.”

“Everything is Possible Now” by Clouds and Thorns

“I’ve seen endless wonders that I barely could believe. I’ve seen all the stars in heaven staring back at me. I’ve seen a billion minds collide, then stream into my eyes. As time rolls on, I won’t let life leave me behind. Oh, whoa, oh, let’s dream out loud (let’s dream). ‘Cause all we know has been turned upside down. Everything is possible now.”

I hope this playlist gives you that extra bit of encouragement for this upcoming week. Best of luck on your final exams! 

Nina is a senior at Christopher Newport University pursuing her BA in English with a concentration in writing. She has a passion for writing and helping others as much as she can, and hopes to work for an organization that will help make a difference in people's lives. In her free time, Nina enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends, and taking long naps.