This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

It’s a new year, and we have an entirely new Executive Board here at Her Campus CNU! We wanted to take some time to provide you the opportunity to learn about our fantastic new team.. So read on to find out why our new E-board loves Her Campus and what they’re excited for HC CNU to accomplish this year!

Co-Directors of Photography

Name: Derrin Nelson

Year: Senior

Major: English & History, with minors in Leadership & 

“Her Campus has been such a great thing for me. I get to express myself in new ways that I didn’t know I was good at. Plus, being a co-director of photography allows me to pursue my biggest hobby in a really productive way!”

Name: Taylor Jackson

Year: Senior

Major: Biology & Spanish

“I love HC because it’s a medium that allows women to thrive creatively, whether that be in blogging about politics, love, beauty, or something close to their heart. HC is a safe haven for women who want their voices to be heard, and as one of the directors of photography, I’m excited to let my pictures speak for themselves. I’m also excited to see what the team comes up with this year for our features and some amazing fundraising opportunities.”

Marketing & Public Relations Director

Name: Logan Meikle

Year: Senior

Major: Communication Studies with minors in Leadership & Asian Studies

“I love Her Campus because I feel like having an online resource targeted towards women in college is important. Not just so they can hear from their peers or just read a fun article. It’s really about informing and empowering which I think is a great thing. I feel like [my position] will be a good opportunity for me to really show what I can bring to an organization. I want to be able to spread HC so more women in college can hear about us.”

Events Director

Name: Carolyn Miller

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology with minors in Leadership & Childhood Studies

“I love Her Campus at CNU because it provides a safe and comfortable environment where everyone is welcome to be themselves. I am typically a shy and reserved person, but I have become comfortable enough in this group that I am pushing myself to do things in leadership I never felt comfortable with doing before. This year, I am the Events Coordinator for Her Campus at CNU, and I hope that through events I can attract other students like myself in order to  introduce them to an organization that will accept them as they are, and encourage them to achieve excellence here at CNU. I’m looking forward to a great year with this organization!”

Social Media Director

Name: Sadie Carr

Year: Senior

Major: Communication Studies with minors in Theatre & English Literature 

“I love that Her Campus is written so personally for CNU by such a witty and intelligent group of women. Her Campus is empowering to not only the women on the team but to the student body as well. I am excited to be the Social Media Director because I love this team and I want the world to see what I see in them!”

Senior Editor

Name: Lee Martin

Year: Senior

Major: Communication Studies with minors in Leadership & Women’s Studies

“I’m excited for this year as the Senior Editor for Her Campus at CNU because I love all the fresh content and ideas this semester has already brought. Our team is full of amazing people and it’s one of my favorite things about CNU. Stick around for some awesome articles and events, collegiettes!”

Campus Correspondent

Name: Royall Bryan

Year: Junior

Major: Sociology (Criminology & Anthropology concentrations) with a minor in Writing

“I love Her Campus because it has provided me with so many friendships and opportunities! I love that our main focus is empowering women, too, and that we get to sponsor such a great organization – The NATASHA House in Yorktown. I’m so excited for my position this year because I have such a great team and we’re going to be more prevalent on campus!”

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps. 
Lee Martin is a 20-year-old junior at Christopher Newport University majoring in Communication Studies with minors in Leadership and Women's & Gender Studies. She co-founded CNU's chapter of Her Campus and currently serves as Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in Chief, as well as a Chapter Advisor to five other campuses. As a journalist, she has written for The Oyster Pointer, The Winchester Star, and worked with National Student Leadership Conference's Journalism, Film & Media Arts program. When not writing, you can find her binging on chocolate and coffee while laughing at Parks and Rec or The Office. If you must read her silly musings, follow her on Twitter at @loveleeforlife
Sadie is a senior at Christopher Newport University with a major in Communication Studies and a double minor in English Literature and Theatre. Sadie is the Social Media Director and Instagram Admin. of the CNU chapter of HerCampus, the Vice President of Take Note a Cappella, the Treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity, and Secretary of Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honor Society. Sadie enjoys singing, justice, Harry Potter, Netflix, rhetoric, hanging out with her Squad at home and her Clique at school, Mexican Food, and a good GIF. 
I am a current senior at Christopher Newport University as a history major with a minor in childhood studies. A future elementary school teacher, with a blossoming passion for photography!