Lauren Radcliff: Too Lit to Quit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Name: Lauren Radcliff

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communication Studies

Hometown: Midlothian, Va

Campus Involvement: YoungLife Leader, Resident Assistant in Potomac North, Cru Bible Study Leader

1. Pick a Fetty Wap song. “Pick ONE. only ONE. w h a t. I mean Trap Queen is the classic, but I think 679 is definitely the g.o.a.t. But don’t even get me started on Jimmy Choo man…. Ugh. I freaking LOVE Fetty Wap, and I didn’t even realize how much until just now when you asked me to pick one song & I went on a rant about three

2. If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be and why? “Not to toot my own horn, but definitely lit. Lit is probably my favorite adjective in the entire world, and I’d like to think that I know how to have a #lit time.”

3. Who headlined at the first concert you ever went to? “This is so lame, but I really haven’t been to that many concerts, and I honestly can’t remember… I WILL tell you though that I’m going to the Chance the Rapper concert in Va Beach this summer and I’m actually going to pee my freaking pants. If you asked me to choose between Fetty Wap & Chance the Rapper I would definitely choose Chance without blinking (that’s just how much I love him).”

4. What advice can you give to people who might be starting their walk of faith? “I would encourage them to get involved with a community of believers! As a new Christian (and honestly as a Christian in general) it is SO important to surround yourself with individuals who will uplift you and encourage you in your walk with the Lord.”

5. What are you looking forward to doing most next year? “I am really looking forward to living with my friends in Village on East Campus next year. Haha I remember freshman year sitting in my lil York dorm room imagining what life must be like living in an upperclassman apartment, and now that dream is coming true. (Also what the heck, junior year came out of NOWHERE).”

6. When did you know CNU was the right place for you? “Dude after my first tour at CNU, I fell in LOVE. This school has such a welcoming air about it, and I truly felt something on this campus that I didn’t feel anywhere else. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and idk if you guys have seen this campus, but it is freaking LIT.”

7. Your brother goes here — but you guys aren’t twins, right? How often do people think that you are? Does it get annoying? “Ah yes hahaha sweet Peter. So we are 10 and a ½ months apart in age & we literally get asked if we are twins like every other day haha. I wouldn’t say that it yes annoying, but we’ve definitely reached the point where sometimes we just say that we are twins so it’s less confusing for people lol.”

8. McDonald’s or Cookout? “Oh shoot gotta stay faithful 2 le Golden Arches. I would compare McDonald’s to the main chick that you devote most of your love and attention to while Cookout is more of the side chick that you visit at one in the morning when you have no other options (or are really desperate for a caramel milkshake). Don’t get me wrong, Cookout trays save lives, but Mickey D’s is the OG.”

9. What has been the biggest thing you’ve learned while at CNU that wasn’t something academic? “LIFE IS TOO HARD TO DO ALONE. Y’all, I can’t stress enough the importance of community and engaging in it. Sometimes it’s really tempting to think that you’re in this all alone but that’s so untrue. Without the support of my friends, family and some of the other amazing people I’ve met on this campus, there is no way that I’d be able to get through this stage of my life!”

10. Summarize your Spotify in three words. “jamz for dayz.”

11. What’s one of your top favorite Bible verses, and why does it speak to you? “Dang, this is another hard one. I have SO many favorites, but if I had to pick one I would have to say Philippians 4:4-7. It says ‘Rejoice in the Lord. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.’ This verse is so cool to me for so many reasons, but I think the coolest part is that I don’t have to worry about anything because I know that God’s got my back, and that’s such a cool promise.”

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps.