Last Minute Affordable Spring Break Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Sometimes your spring break plans fall through, and sometimes you’re late to the game making them. These are in no particular order and are primarily warm and sunny — because who doesn’t want to come back to school with a perfect tan? Here are five international spring break locations for people on a budget. 

1. Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Photo Courtesy of PhotoPin

Outdoor adventures are abundant here. There are beaches and hiking opportunities everywhere you look. When you get tired from all of the exercise, you can even take a chocolate factory tour.

2. Tel Aviv, Israel

Photo Courtesy of PhotoPin

Famous for its markets, you won’t have a dull moment here. These aren’t just any markets though. With interesting names like the Camel Market, who knows what you’ll find here. The city is filled with museums and bordered by a beautiful sea. 

3. Puerta Vallarta, Mexico

Photo Courtesy of PhotoPin

With an extensive history and beautiful beaches, you’ll be stunned by what you see in Puerto Vallarta. You can visit markets and enjoy shopping handicrafts and paintings at the Artisan market “Pueblo Viejo.” Gorgeous seaside views are readily available from the Los Muertos Pier.

4. Iceland

Photo Courtesy of PhotoPin

Iceland is known for its beautiful scenery and unique culture. A split from a standard spring break trip can have you sight seeing waterfalls, amazing architecture, and the Northern Lights. Not to mention, the Blue Lagoon, a hot spring surrounded by ice and snow can soothe all of the semester’s worries away.

5. Negril, Jamaica

Photo Courtesy of PhotoPin

Boasting several beautiful beaches, including Seven Mile Beach and Long Bay, your Instagram will look on point after a trip to Negril. In Jamaica, you can also visit an amusement park based on the movie, Kool Runnings. In Jamaica, you can experience both hot and cool weather. 

If none of these destinations suit your interests or budget, a quick search in Europe can help you find cheap flights as March is an awkward season for travelling. Living expenses are cheaper in other continents, but the flights to popular locations in Euiope are significantly cheaper. 

VXS Gymwear brand representative. (Discount Code: STEPH10VXS) Student. Weight lifter. Runner. Always moving. Personal trainer in training. Vegan. Instagram: running_is_happiness Snapchat:stuffystephano