JUST Egg scrambled
JUST Egg scrambled
Nina Borgeson
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

There has been so much rave in the vegan community lately about JUST Egg, a healthy egg alternative made from mung bean protein.

I finally caved and bought a bottle and Oh. My. Gosh. now I completely understand the hype. I hadn’t eaten eggs in years and this is by far the closest thing you can get to real egg. The flavor was almost spot on, and it scrambled just like real egg!

JUST Egg
Nina Borgeson
JUST Egg is a great egg alternative, and it’s also much healthier! Although eggs are seen as a great source of protein, they are PACKED with cholesterol, a fat-like molecule only found in animal products and byproducts which increases the risk of heart disease and stroke. With JUST Egg, you can now enjoy a delicious meal guilt-free and cruelty-free!

12-ounce bottles currently sell for $7.99 at Kroger and $6.99 at Whole Foods and select Aldi stores. But, there’s great news!

The creators of JUST Egg recently announced their goals of lowering the price to $4.99 per bottle as a result of switching to more efficient production methods.

JUST Egg scrambled
Nina Borgeson
So, the next time you happen to see a bottle of JUST Egg, definitely give it a try! I promise you, you won’t regret it.

Nina is a senior at Christopher Newport University pursuing her BA in English with a concentration in writing. She has a passion for writing and helping others as much as she can, and hopes to work for an organization that will help make a difference in people's lives. In her free time, Nina enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends, and taking long naps.